HD audio sync problems

Alex

Oct 22, 2009, 8:53:04 PM10/22/09
I got a new Samsung HD camera but have difficulties with audio out of
sync in Premiere Pro. When the mp4 files are imported into premiere,
it incorrectly believes they are 14.99 FPS when in fact they are
30FPS. When I playback the files in premiere pro, the audio is played
back at normal speed but the video is played back at half speed. On
the other hand, if I play back the files in Quicktime, they work
perfectly.

I can set the video to 30FPS but then the audio speed is doubled and
clearly still out of sync with the video. My guess is that I'm using
the wrong project settings when I create a new project. I'm sure
there's someone out there who has solved this problem once before.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Reverend Fuzzy

Oct 23, 2009, 12:20:47 AM10/23/09
On Oct 22, 7:53 pm, Alex <alexander.gl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got a new Samsung HD camera but have difficulties with audio out of
> sync in Premiere Pro.  When the mp4 files are imported into premiere,
> it incorrectly believes they are 14.99 FPS when in fact they are
> 30FPS.  When I playback the files in premiere pro, the audio is played
> back at normal speed but the video is played back at half speed.  On
> the other hand, if I play back the files in Quicktime, they work
> perfectly.

Will the camera render the video to something OTHER than MP4?

Alex

Oct 25, 2009, 9:09:30 PM10/25/09

I came up with a hack which works but takes alot of extra time and
makes it difficult to cue in and out points. Basically every clip is
imported twice, first for audio and second for video. Use interpret
footage on the video clip and set it to the appropriate FPS. Then it
is possible to drag the audio component from the audio clip and the
video component from the video clip to a new sequence and they
playback properly. Things get ugly however when you have footage that
spans multiple files. As for recording in alternate formats, I'm
pretty sure the camera is a one trick pony.

From <http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/photography/camcorders/high-
definition/HMX-R10BN/XAA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=spec>

Recording Format H.264 / MP
Recording Resolution Video HD: 1920x1080@60i(SF/N) 1920x1080@30p(SF)
1280x720@60p(SF)Video SD: 720x480P@60p(SF)VGA@30p(SF)
Recording Quality SF / F / N

Alex

Reverend Fuzzy

Oct 25, 2009, 10:44:27 PM10/25/09

To have video and audio out of sync like that sounds like it could be
a codec issue. Try rendering from MPEG4 to MPEG1 using something
like the tsunami mpeg encoder, and then import it into your project,
and
see if it still sync-slips.