Logarithmic Differentiation Calculator

Shizuko Marandi

Dec 2, 2023, 4:06:08 PM12/2/23
When the "Go!" button is clicked, the Derivative Calculator sends the mathematical function and the settings (differentiation variable and order) to the server, where it is analyzed again. This time, the function gets transformed into a form that can be understood by the computer algebra system Maxima.

Logarithmic Differentiation Calculator
DOWNLOAD https://t.co/MsxyVq31SZ

Maxima takes care of actually computing the derivative of the mathematical function. Like any computer algebra system, it applies a number of rules to simplify the function and calculate the derivatives according to the commonly known differentiation rules. Maxima's output is transformed to LaTeX again and is then presented to the user.

The interactive function graphs are computed in the browser and displayed within a canvas element (HTML5). For each function to be graphed, the calculator creates a JavaScript function, which is then evaluated in small steps in order to draw the graph. While graphing, singularities (e. g. poles) are detected and treated specially. The gesture control is implemented using Hammer.js.

For instance, finding the derivative of the function below would be incredibly difficult if we were differentiating directly, but if we apply our steps for logarithmic differentiation, then the process becomes much easier.

Description :Differentiation calculatorThe derivative calculator allows to do symbolic differentiation using the derivation property on one hand and the derivatives of the other usual functions. Derivative calculation obtained is returned after being simplified, with calculation steps.

For example, to calculate online the derivative of the sum of the following functions `cos(x)+sin(x)` with the differentiation calculator online, enter derivative(`cos(x)+sin(x);x`), after calculating result `cos(x)-sin(x)` is returned.

The differentiation calculator is able to do many calculations online : to calculate online the derivative of a difference, simply type the mathematical expression that contains the difference, specify the variable and apply derivative function.

For example, to calculate online the derivative of the product of the following functions `x^2*cos(x)`, with the differentiate calculator enter derivative(`x^2*cos(x);x`), after calculating result `2*x*cos(x)-x^2*sin(x)` is returned.

Welcome to Math 123! This course is an introduction to differential and integral calculus, withapplications to business and the biological and physical sciences. We coverdifferentiation of rational, radical, and exponential functions, integrationas area, and using the fundamental theorem of calculus to integrate certainelementary functions. We cover applications to increasing and decreasingfunctions, concavity, optimization, marginal cost, and others.

This course will cover the topics from all twelve chapters ofthe Course Text. All of these topics are covered in the onlinehomework sets and recitation worksheets.Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able toEvaluate limits of functions given graphically or algebraically; Compute derivatives of algebraic, logarithmic and exponential functions, and combinations of these functions;Interpret the derivative as a rate of change, and solve related application problems; Use the first and second derivatives to analyze the graphs of functions, to find the maximum and minimum values of a function, and to solve related application problems; Interpret the definite integral in terms of area, and solve related application problems; Integrate selected functions, and apply the fundamental theorem of calculus to evaluate definite integrals.

During exams, we allow the same calculators as the ACT allows; no ComputerAlgebra System (CAS), no network (data or wifi), no camera. Absolutely no cell phone use during an exam is allowed. A good scientific calculator will be sufficient, as long as it has exponential and ln functions; occasionally a graphing calculator (such as a TI-84) may be helpful but is not required. It is recommended that you practice with whatever calculator you plan to use during the exams.

In this course, we will concentrate on understanding the concepts of calculus. There will be instances when we will use the calculator or computer to aid in our understanding or remove some of the tediousness of the calculations (especially in the area of numerical approximations). There may be some projects, homework, or portions of a test that require you to use technology to complete.

The student should have a pencil, red pen, ruler, graph paper, stapler, and paper punch. The student is expected to bring calculators and supplies as needed to class. The calculator should be brought daily. There will be a paper punch and stapler in the classroom.
eebf2c3492