PM65 Build Booklet plugin??

kevin buxton

May 28, 2002, 6:43:12 PM5/28/02
My help files talk about using the "build booklet" plugin, but fails to mention what it is, and how to start it of get it. Does anyone use this? or does anyone know of a good template for a 8.5X11 3-panel, 2 sided brochure (11x25 piece of paper)?

thanks.

Jay Chevako

May 28, 2002, 8:00:47 PM5/28/02
I did a newsletter that was "8.5X11 3-panel, 2 sided brochure(11x25 piece of
paper)" I talked to my printer first then created my own template wich was
a bit larger with custom cropmarks to be able to accomodate a three-page
picture. The inside fold has to be a little (1/8 to 1/4 inch) smaller to
accomodate the fold. Let me say again Talk to your printer first, this type
of job is not that economical with your average sheetfed offset printer
unless they gang it up with a single page flyer.
Jay

Kathy Sheehan

May 28, 2002, 8:16:25 PM5/28/02
Kevin,

While your document is open, go to UTILITIES -- PLUGINS -- BUILD BOOKLET.

You have to *buy* such a plug-in with In Design and Quark, but it's all built into PageMaker.

It's explained pretty clearly in my user guide, chapter 7. I've only used it for "normal" booklets, not custom ones like the one you describe, though.