Export InDesign to PDF without blank pages

Karen_...@adobeforums.com

Jan 21, 2009, 10:51:51 AM1/21/09
Hello, my company has been using InDesign CS3 for documentation to print or view in a PDF format. In multiple page documents we will insert blank pages for printing double sided - however, if people just view the PDF file these pages become annoying. Is there a way to have documents with blank pages, not export the blank pages, but still have the correct page numbers and the Table of Contents reflect the correct pages?

Peter...@adobeforums.com

Jan 21, 2009, 11:16:09 AM1/21/09
Try PRINTING to PDF instead of exporting, and uncheck the "Include bank pages" box. This should give you a PDF in single pages with no blanks. I don't believe it will affect the page numbering in Acrobat (though it may be disconcerting for users to have skipped numbers), but I don't really know how it will affect the bookmarks in the TOC. My gut says it should still work.

Peter

Karen_...@adobeforums.com

Jan 21, 2009, 12:05:25 PM1/21/09
Actually, when doing that it does not include the blank pages, but the TOC bookmarks no longer work.

Peter...@adobeforums.com

Jan 21, 2009, 12:37:08 PM1/21/09
OH, Right. Can't include Bookmarks in a printed PDF. My Bad.

I guess the only answer is to export, then go through and delete the blank pages.

Peter

boblevine

Jan 21, 2009, 1:02:51 PM1/21/09
The easiest thing to do is put one of those "this page intentionally
left blank" messages there.

Bob

Karen_...@adobeforums.com

Jan 21, 2009, 3:44:10 PM1/21/09
We currently do that, but we run a computer company and this documentation can be for internal or external usage. Anyone that uses this internally generally will not print the document, therefore they will only view it on screen which is where the blank pages become annoying.