Re: Missing required system fonts or cmap files

Jessica...@adobeforums.com

Mar 8, 2008, 7:25:54 PM3/8/08
Domingo,
I would love to have these files, as I am getting this message and it is making me unable to work in InDesign. I have tried all the Adobe support fixes I can find & I the client I am doing this for can only have CS2 files.

Could your miracle cure be posted or emailed to me at schul...@yahoo.com.

Your help would be wonderful & I would be very thankful.

Jess

Peter...@adobeforums.com

Mar 9, 2008, 5:20:14 PM3/9/08
Jessica,

See post #29 in this thread.

char...@adobeforums.com

Mar 19, 2008, 8:11:29 AM3/19/08
Hallo Domingo Chavez,

I have a query regarding the FontException with PDF while viewing using acrobat viewer java api(com.adobe.acrobat.*)

I assume the problem is FontRegisration, because Arial and TimesNewRoman are truetype in my document and not registered. So it is alerting with not able to recognize the font.

So, I request you to revert back with a solution that how to register the font in an existing pdf from java.

Thanking you
Charles v c

Val...@adobeforums.com

Apr 18, 2008, 11:37:45 AM4/18/08
Domingo,

I can't seem to download the files you have a link to. Can you please email them to me. I am on a G5.
My problem is I get a message that says
Could not complete your request because of a program error.

valarie

Daniell...@adobeforums.com

May 9, 2008, 11:47:13 AM5/9/08
Hello,

I am on a MacBook running OS X (Leopard) and I just tried installing InDesign CS3. I have been using InDesign CS for the last few years. I received the same error message as everyone here and I tried replacing my CMap and Base folders in both library/application support/adobe/fonts/Reqrd in both the username folder and the system folder, but this hasn't worked. I also tried copying the fonts from the CMap folder and the Fonts folder from the 'PDFL' folder in 'Application Support' in case that might help something.

Has anyone encountered this problem and NOT been able to resolve it with Domingo's fonts? If so, what did you do? This is so frustrating!

Danielle

Peter...@adobeforums.com

May 9, 2008, 3:56:59 PM5/9/08
Danielle,

Domingo's files were copied from a PC which may or may not have a bearing on why the solution isn't working for you. I'd suggest you repost on the Mac side and ask if anyone would be willing to copy and post a set of working files from a Mac installation.

Peter

Kevin_B...@adobeforums.com

Jul 27, 2008, 12:23:21 PM7/27/08
For what it's worth, and I'm not sure that it gets any closer to a proper resolution, I tried something different.

I was getting the "Could not complete your request because of a program error" after having opened a gif file in CS2 then trying to create a new blank image file in CS2.

I tried a few of the fixes suggested here and none worked.

I then took a screenshot (ctrl print screen - windows) and opened a new image file in CS2 and pasted in my screenshot. This seemed to clear something and I am now able to create a new blank file again!!

No stupid error message.

Matt_A...@adobeforums.com

Sep 28, 2008, 1:36:20 PM9/28/08
fwiw;

i'm on osx 10.5.5. i did not have this problem on 10.5.4 (using the same PSD, same adobe cs3 install).

1. i used domingo's file fix (thanks a ton, bro!). unfortunately, this alone didn't work.
2. i recreated my preference files.

> Hold Command+Option+Shift when you start Photoshop. > Click Yes to the
message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?" 3. i'm back in bidness.

thanks everyone!

Ke...@adobeforums.com

Oct 7, 2008, 10:45:04 PM10/7/08
Domingo, I love you and I love internet too!!
CMap Files are OK!
Thank you a lot.

Keni, from Chile.

holog...@adobeforums.com

Jan 15, 2009, 7:52:52 AM1/15/09
Hi, i have have CS2 prem, have problems with cmap files in Indesign and resolve them but now after instaling again and starting i can import jpg but can't import tiff or eps "out of memory". When opening an old document display performance are tipical but some of the images look tipickal as they must be but some look like fast preview even in tipical mode.
Have enought memory - check already. Also Indesign works correct ... 2 years on this computer.
So, i can't use the program for finel projects :))))
Can anyone help me?

Peter...@adobeforums.com

Jan 15, 2009, 9:35:35 AM1/15/09
The out of memory message could be indicative of a virus or spyware, so you should check. If that isn't it, perhaps uninstall and reinstall again.

The default view setting is typical display, unless you change it, but it also allows object level display settings, so that could be the source of your gray boxes. Another possibility is missing links and no stored preview in the file.

Peter

holog...@adobeforums.com

Jan 15, 2009, 9:52:13 AM1/15/09
I have the same CS2 on my laptop and test the same docs - work correct. The files I open are allready printed /have package folder, print pdfs..../ and made from the same computer and software.
everything else - Illustrator, Photoshop are OK
- Will check for a virus...

prog...@adobeforums.com

Mar 1, 2009, 10:45:42 AM3/1/09
Can't believe I've just had to do this for a trial download of CS4...

Vista 32 ultimate. Uk.

It's meant to be a trial as in a test of the software, not a test of your ingenuity!