Why is 'DIsplay Performance' greyed out?

Roger

Mar 20, 2003, 1:43:55 PM3/20/03
I am a ID 2.0. user on the PC. Can anyone tell me why the option 'Display
Performance' (under Object) is greyed out? I am putting together a document
with heavy graphics, and it takes my PC forever to move around the document.
I am wondering if I have done anything to make this option unavailable. Did
I trip over a switch somewhere?

Thanx for any help you might be able to give.

Rogier

Mike Witherell

Mar 20, 2003, 2:33:47 PM3/20/03
Rogier,

If you select a placed graphic with the black selection tool, and then do that menu, you will find it is lit up and accessible. Alternatively, you can select the graphic; right-click it; and set the Display performance. Also, visit Display Performance within the Edit > Preferences to see your default choices. Your slow document scrolling *might* be because you have graphics display set to high res. But then again, it might not be the problem at all.

Mike Witherell in Washington D.C.

Roger

Mar 21, 2003, 9:04:17 AM3/21/03
Thanx Mike - that helped.

"Mike Witherell" <mikewi...@jetsetcom.net> wrote in message

Ian A. Wright

Mar 21, 2003, 5:13:26 PM3/21/03
Rogier:

Would you turn off the autoquote feature of your software please? We have many international Users who pay on-line fees by the character as well as by the second. Thanks.

martha dibblee

Jan 7, 2024, 6:55:06 PMJan 7
I struggled with this recently with a new (16-inch, Nov 2023) m3 macbookpro. It came down to selecting the correct Preset (Design & Print P3-D50) and Refresh Rate (60 Hz) in System Settings Displays. Refresh Rate was key.