dictionnary

1 view

BATTISTELLI Laurent

Feb 10, 2003, 4:32:24 AM2/10/03
Good Morning everybody

I read in the paper documentation ( at the page 107 of the french one )
that we can use à dictionnary from other program ?

I export a dictionnary from an old system but I can not choose to use it
? How can we make that ? someone can help me ?

thanks

Ian A. Wright

Feb 10, 2003, 6:25:14 PM2/10/03
Laurent:

You install various dictionaries using Custom install. Once installed, the dictionary is a paragraph-level feature. Select the paragraph and apply the dictionary you wish to use.

Olav Kvern

Feb 10, 2003, 7:15:46 PM2/10/03
Ian--

Actually, any range of text can gbe tagged with a specific dictionary (not just paragraphs). Other than that, you're correct (as usual!).

Thanks,

Ole

Ian A. Wright

Feb 10, 2003, 7:44:34 PM2/10/03
Ole:

Thanks for the correction. Much appreciated ...

BATTISTELLI Laurent

Feb 11, 2003, 3:32:39 AM2/11/03
sorry but it seems that you answer but nut "correctly"

I saw that we can install a lot of dictionnaries when we make a custom
install of ID
we can add french spanish italian english uk englisk us .... danish
..... and approximatively 15 other dictionnary

but in the documentation it was written that we can install some other
dictionnary that we import from another program.
So I export my dictionnary from my "old" application and I obtain them
in a format *.LEX that is recognized on my computer like an "Indesign
Dictionnary File"
So my question is how can I make to install them or try to install them
in ID2.02 ? (because when we make a custom install we just can install
the adobe's dictionnary)

thank you

Peter Kahrel

Feb 11, 2003, 5:34:15 AM2/11/03
Laurent,

So you want is to take a dictionary from Word, or Wordperfect, or any plain list, and make that the dictionary for Indesign, right? Well, I don't think that that is possible, even though the manual says that you can use other dictionaries. (The manual is actually a bit vague on this point.) Problem is that they don't tell you how to make those dictionaries visible to Indesign.

Peter

BATTISTELLI Laurent

Feb 11, 2003, 7:52:04 AM2/11/03
Is this exactly my problem !
do you have the same ?

Peter Kahrel

Feb 11, 2003, 8:19:35 AM2/11/03
I do... I just hope that in the next version of Indesign the dictionaries and hyphenation modules will be improved, especially installing third-party modules. Not much help, I'm afraid...

Peter

BATTISTELLI Laurent

Feb 11, 2003, 11:39:48 AM2/11/03
I hope that THIS next version coming soon