Missing pages in PDF export

mauric...@adobeforums.com

Apr 1, 2009, 12:32:56 PM4/1/09
In Indesign CS4, when I export a 48 page document to PDF the last few pages are always missing. I've trying anything but I can't make it print the whole document.

Kenneth...@adobeforums.com

Apr 1, 2009, 1:34:07 PM4/1/09
Sorry for the obvious, but you're exporting All pages, right? (Not a
Range of pages?)

--
Kenneth Benson
Pegasus Type, Inc.

mauric...@adobeforums.com

Apr 1, 2009, 1:51:37 PM4/1/09
Yes, all pages. Another thing also realized is that when I select Adobe PDF try to change the default setting, it always reverts back to Standard. No matter if I try to print in Press Quality or Small File Size it always prints as Standard. I just installed this program a couple days ago. Why are printing setting so screwed up? I never had this problem with CS2.

Peter...@adobeforums.com

Apr 1, 2009, 3:52:56 PM4/1/09
Sounds like you are PRINTING to PDF, not Exporting. Do you get any error message? What version of Windows? Can you print all the pages if you do it in sections? Have you tried to do this with more than one document?

Changing the settings in the print dialog by clicking the Setup button SHOULD stick for the current print job, but you might want to go to the Windows Printer properties for the PDF printer and change the default to the setting you use the most.

Peter

mauric...@adobeforums.com

Apr 1, 2009, 4:14:38 PM4/1/09
I'm printing to PDF. I don't get any error messages and I'm using Vista 64-bit. There doesn't seem to be a big of a problem if the file was made with CS2. But the documents made in CS2 and are converted give me trouble. I'm starting to get issues now where the document gets stuck in the printing queue at 64kb. This is a brand new quadcore computer with 4gb of RAM. When I was working on this file in CS2, I was running it off a 7 year old computer with no problems. Anything that can go wrong seems to be going wrong with Indesign CS4.

Kenneth...@adobeforums.com

Apr 1, 2009, 4:34:16 PM4/1/09
Is there a good reason you're not Exporting to PDF? Printing to PDF
involves Acrobat, and troubleshooting Acrobat problems is best done by
separating the printing and distilling processes so you can see where
it's going wrong.

Peter...@adobeforums.com

Apr 1, 2009, 4:37:59 PM4/1/09
I don't run Vista, so what I know is based on other posts, but the first thing to check is which folder did you install into? For Vista 64 it's important to install in the default location, which means most things should be in the (x86) Program files folder.

Next, can you EXPORT the file successfully, and are you printing, rather than exporting, for a particular reason?

Is it always the same number of pages missing? Is there anything common about the first page that's missing in the prints? Any .eps images? What about fonts?

What happens if you try exporting the document to .inx or .idml, then open those in ID and print to PDF?

Peter