AutoCAD wipeouts cause fills in .pdf output

JB001

Apr 22, 2003, 1:59:56 PM4/22/03
When using Architectural Desktop 3.3 then plotting to Distiller, .pdf files created where objects have wipeouts (created in CAD) result in grey or black fills of objects when .pdf is placed in InDesign. These fills are not visible when same file is viewed in acrobat reader. Problem occurs when printing to different printers and with inDesign 2.0.1 and 2.0.2. Any ideas on how to eliminate this fill, as the wipeouts are a required part of the drawing. HELP ME!

JB001

Apr 22, 2003, 2:36:47 PM4/22/03

JB001

Apr 22, 2003, 2:21:15 PM4/22/03

JB001

Apr 22, 2003, 4:37:41 PM4/22/03

Ian A. Wright

Apr 22, 2003, 8:54:39 PM4/22/03
JB:

Hopefully someone with AutoCAD experience will jump in to help. If you click on the SEARCH button above you'll find lots of other posts from CAD Users already listed in this Forum.

I've deleted your other three Topics on the same issue. That way other Users can find answers in this one thread. Please post only once. Thanks.

P.S. Would you click on the Preferences button above and change your login to reflect your real name please? Or add your name after your messages. This is a professional forum, and as you can see, we prefer to use full names here. Thank you.

Bruce Nettles

Apr 30, 2003, 6:24:22 PM4/30/03
The wipeout command is part of Autodesk's Express Tools, and I haven't used it for awhile because I wasn't getting exactly what I was looking for from it. However, it is still a good command.

What I believe is happening, and I haven't tested it, is that the wipeout command basicly creates a solid filled box directly under the text that you have selected. Through the magic of Lisp and Arx the command matches the color of the background, in most cases that is black. Maybe if you change the display background color to something else, like white, before you export it to Acrobat, you might get the result you're looking for. The setting is under Perferences, or under Options in Acad 2004. Just a thought.

Darren Ireland

Jun 5, 2003, 10:46:39 AM6/5/03
When printing your pdf's, use a non postscript printer driver such as a PCL or HPGL.

Patricia Langevin

Jun 10, 2003, 1:41:19 PM6/10/03
I have tried changing the background to white, but the problem persists.