How to re-edit 3D settings?

ljch...@hotmail.com

May 6, 2007, 1:55:07 PM5/6/07
Okay, here's a simple question question that I seemed to forgot how to do it. After I apply the 3D effects to an object or layer, how do I go back and re-edit those 3D settings instead of applying a new 3D settings?

Scott Falkner

May 6, 2007, 2:03:12 PM5/6/07
Appearance palette. Double-click on the effect.

Teri Pettit

May 6, 2007, 2:13:43 PM5/6/07
Which is what the warning dialog tells you to do to edit the effect options when it asks if you really want to apply a second effect.

ljch...@hotmail.com

May 6, 2007, 8:13:14 PM5/6/07
I don't want to add additional settings to my existing settings. I want to edit what I already have. By going back to the Effect/3D/Extrude & Bevel..., all my existing settings are not there. It's like starting fromo scracth.

And thanks Scott Falkner, your suggestion works.

Teri Pettit

May 7, 2007, 4:20:23 PM5/7/07
Charlie,

We know that you want to edit the settings of your previously applied effects.

What I said was that if you accidentally use the same Effect command twice, the application warns you that it would apply a second effect which is probably not what you want to do, and tells you that if you want to edit the options of the first effect, you should do what Scott suggested instead. (Sometimes applying a second effect really is wanted, but usually not, which is why there is the warning, complete with instructions about how to use the Appearance palette to edit the options of the previously applied effect.)

artuar louis

Mar 16, 2021, 6:59:33 AM3/16/21
crazy thing not beiung able to re-edit 3D setting once applyed

pramod mali

Aug 7, 2021, 10:39:54 AM8/7/21
I am Also Facing a problem in re-edit the 3d Revolve Effects...