Need advice on cross-platform fonts

Randie Guest

Mar 16, 2004, 12:54:57 PM3/16/04
We are revamping our user documentation, and would like to select a set of Adobe Type1 fonts for use with FrameMaker that would flow as seamlessly as possible back and forth from the Windows to Mac platforms.

Currently, we run into font mapping problems that either prompt us to select a replacement font, or wrong fonts are substituted.

Does anyone know of a list of fonts that meet this criteria, or have any recommendations based on experience with this issue. We're sort of locked into Adobe Type 1 fonts as we are already licensed for Font Folio.

Thanks,

Randie

Ian_B...@home_in_paris.fr

Mar 16, 2004, 1:57:42 PM3/16/04
Establish what fonts you want in the final production document. Make sure the final production is done on a machine with these fonts installed. For document development everyone has remember missing fonts set. No further cross platform problems. Even if people do end up doing a font substitution by accident, final production can clear all this up. Just means that everyone uses the template paragraph formats. Anyone found inventing new paragraph formats gets severely slapped wrists and sent to bed without supper.

This is how I set up a project to work on UNIX, MAC, and Windows. No problems at all except a certain "creative" type from New Jersey, if that's not a contradiction in terms. But a few evenings without supper soon sorted him out.
Cheers
Ian

Dominic...@adobeforums.com

Mar 16, 2004, 4:38:25 PM3/16/04
You should really look at OT fonts; if you have FontFolio 9, there are some OT fonts on it. They have been renamed to avoid naming clashes and I'd say they are as safe for cross-platform use as you can get.

zaino...@gmail.com

May 29, 2014, 8:24:34 AM5/29/14

zaino...@gmail.com

May 29, 2014, 8:25:29 AM5/29/14