Importing .pdf files into Framemaker

cynthia romero

May 24, 2002, 10:04:58 PM5/24/02
I'm trying to import a .pdf document (15 pages) into Framemaker but FM only allows me to import one page at a time. Is there any way to import all 15 pages automatically, one page after another? I'm importing by reference into an anchored frame. I've also tried imorting into a text frame that is autoconnect. Any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

thomas bro

May 25, 2002, 2:44:47 AM5/25/02
When importing multipage PDF files the import dialogbox should get a Select PDF Page dialogbox in which you can choose the page you want to import.

If you don't try to create the PDF files in vers 1.2 (=Acrobat 4)

Keep smiling Thomas

cynthia romero

May 25, 2002, 8:50:08 AM5/25/02
I did get the dialog box. But, I don't want to import one page at a time. I was hoping to somehow import all 15 pages at the same time. I was trying to import a range of pages of a pdf file into FM templates that had autoconnect. Hope this makes sense--or am I asking too much of FM? Someone suggested that I could make separate pdf files of each page and import one at a time. I 'd like to avoid this if possible. Appreciate any help. thanks, cr

Tim Murray

May 25, 2002, 9:28:04 AM5/25/02
You're asking too much of FM. Sorry.

Sean

May 25, 2002, 1:50:11 PM5/25/02
FM treats a 15-page PDF as 15 graphics that you have to import separately.

I would be curious to know if any other application imports PDFs any other way; does Quark, InDesign, or Ventura import the 20 PDF pages automatically, one after the other--that's an honest question, I don't know but expect not.

Maybe you can convert the PDFs to ASCII or RTF and import that, and reformat in FrameMaker. ASCII and RTF will flow automatically.

Cheers,

Sean

cynthia romero

May 28, 2002, 7:15:21 PM5/28/02
Sean, Currently I'm importing each .pdf file separately. I was just hoping there was a faster/easier way of importing pdf docs comprised of alot of pages (15 plus). No, I don't know of anything that can do this I was just hoping....... Many thanks. It's nice to know there are people out there who take the time not only to read the forums but will also take time to post a response. Thanks to all. cr

Jeroen Dekker

May 29, 2002, 7:32:35 AM5/29/02
If you turn your 15-page PDF into PostScript, and run that through our PS2vector software, it can produce a 15-page MIF file that you can open in FrameMaker. Vector graphics, raster images and font text are all converted as such. You'll lose word processing capabilities like text wraparound and the flow of text to the next page, but other than that it might be the time-saver you're looking for. We're at http://www.square1.nl/index.htm <http://www.square1.nl/index.htm> if interested.

Jeroen Dekker jer...@square1.nl

amar...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2018, 12:55:26 PM10/28/18
On Wednesday, May 29, 2002 at 2:15:21 AM UTC+3, cynthia romero wrote:
> Sean, Currently I'm importing each .pdf file separately. I was just hoping there was a faster/easier way of importing pdf docs comprised of alot of pages (15 plus). No, I don't know of anything that can do this I was just hoping....... Many thanks. It's nice to know there are people out there who take the time not only to read the forums but will also take time to post a response. Thanks to all. cr

Hi. I am trying to import page two of a pdf file but page one appears instead. Any one know where I am going wrong?