Grupy dyskusyjne Google nie obsługują już nowych postów ani subskrypcji z Usenetu. Treści historyczne nadal będą dostępne.

CS4 Will Not Install

0 wyświetleń

Justin_...@adobeforums.com

nieprzeczytany,
18 lut 2009, 16:29:2718.02.2009
do
I am trying to install CS4 on my MacPro and for the life of me I cannot get it to install. I go through all of the prompts and right when it starts installing it immediately gets an error and the entire install fails. The error reads

Error
Error : 2

I have called tech support to no avail. They cannot tell me what this error means. I went through the upload process for the error logs and the tech had no idea how to retrieve them. I previously had CS3 and used the cleanup tool when I uninstalled it. I repaired the disc permissions as well. Can anyone offer some insight??

Buko

nieprzeczytany,
18 lut 2009, 16:35:0918.02.2009
do
Read this

LenHewitt, "How To Get Help Quickly" #, 4 Mar 2004 7:27 am </webx?50@@.2cd06cd9>

Justin_...@adobeforums.com

nieprzeczytany,
18 lut 2009, 17:28:5118.02.2009
do
I assume this is referring to some lacking information regarding my system.
Im trying to install Adobe CS4
I'm running OSX 10.5.6
16GB of RAM
180GB free disk space.
Dual Quad Core Xeons at 3.2ghz
The exact error message is Error Error : 2

I already read the knowledge base, nothing about Error 2. I did a search and the only thing that comes up for Error 2 is something about Vista 64. I called tech support and they cannot help me.

Neil_...@adobeforums.com

nieprzeczytany,
18 lut 2009, 17:54:5318.02.2009
do
Justin,

How is your drive formatted? Have you run Disk Utility? Do you have a previous version of CS on your system? Did you attempt to uninstall it? If so, how?

Please get back to us.

Thanks.

Neil

Justin_...@adobeforums.com

nieprzeczytany,
18 lut 2009, 19:23:0018.02.2009
do
Disk is formatted as Journal. I ran the disk utility, there are no errors on the disk and I also repaired the disk permissions. As I said before, I had CS3 on the machine before. I used the uninstaller that comes with the program and then downloaded the cleanup tool from adobe and ran that as well.

D_In...@adobeforums.com

nieprzeczytany,
18 lut 2009, 19:54:0018.02.2009
do
Hi Justin,

You might check the logs to see if any more information is available.

The Console is in Applications / Utilities. Open it up and either try the install again or scroll back to the time of the last install.

Make sure the log list is open and that you check both the console log and the "All Messages" log. The button to show and hide the log list is in the upper right of the Console app.

If there is an unusual log entry that corresponds with the install error, please post it.

Buko

nieprzeczytany,
19 lut 2009, 10:37:3319.02.2009
do
Also removal of CS3 is not necessary to install CS4.

Disk needs to be formatted HFS+

Justin_...@adobeforums.com

nieprzeczytany,
19 lut 2009, 11:21:5919.02.2009
do
It may not be necessary, but I removed it anyway to avoid any problems. The drive is HFS+, it came from the factory like that.

D_In...@adobeforums.com

nieprzeczytany,
19 lut 2009, 19:54:2419.02.2009
do
Hi Justin,

I expect that if the drive formatting had a problem, you would have much bigger issues.

Have you tried the install on a different computer? Maybe you got some bad optical media. Its worth a try to make sure the disk is good.

Have you tried installing a single component? Like just InDesign for instance? Try starting up the computer with the shift key down. This boots the Mac into Safe Mode. It will dump the caches and disable 3rd party extensions. Try installing then.

Apart from that and in the absence of any information in the logs, my next guess would be that there's some remnant of CS3 that an uninstall can't remove and the CS4 install can't replace. If there's nothing in the logs about it, then the problem will be difficult to track down.

I would suggest creating a different account (with admin privileges) and trying the install while logged in as that new user. That would tell you if the problem is in the user folder or associated with user information.

You might also try renaming the Adobe folder inside /Library/Application Support/ and trying the install again. Rename it "Adobe_old." If it makes no difference, then restore that folder to the original name. It has important stuff in it.

Was the cleanup tool you ran the CS3 Clean script? (http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs3clean.html) I browsed the script and it looks like almost all of the files it would remove are in /Library/Application Support/ or /Library/Preferences. Temporarily renaming the Adobe folder as mentioned above would be more thorough for troubleshooting purposes.

Al_El...@adobeforums.com

nieprzeczytany,
10 mar 2009, 01:23:1610.03.2009
do
See my message at: <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?128@@.59b827cd> , it also applies to your problem. Your going to have to get some help from tech support, but, keep trying till you get someone that knows how to step you through "Clean Script CS3."

Justin_...@adobeforums.com

nieprzeczytany,
13 mar 2009, 12:01:1713.03.2009
do
Thank you so much D Ingram!!! I started up in sfae mode and renamed the adobe folder in /application support/, rebooted in normal mode the setup went right through!

brendan...@adobeforums.com

nieprzeczytany,
15 mar 2009, 15:22:1215.03.2009
do
I'm having what appears to be the same issue as Justin was having. I'm upgrading to cs4 from cs2 on my Mac Pro:

OSX 10.5.6
2 x 3 Ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
5GB 667Mhz DDR Ram

My install hangs on an Error 2 code, as well. Something to do with the Adobe Common Color Set CMYK and RGB files.

I've tried all of the above suggestions including safe boot install, separate account install, renaming the Adobe file, etc. I've run both the cs3 and 4 clean scripts. No avail.

Should I uninstall cs2 completely and reinstall then attempt the upgrade again?

popn...@adobeforums.com

nieprzeczytany,
26 mar 2009, 17:18:1626.03.2009
do
Did you find a solution yet, Brendan?
I'm having exactly the same problem, the install stops with error 2 when installing Adobe Common Color Set CMYK...
Nowe wiadomości: 0