Save shortcut (command-s) not working

Luke_R...@adobeforums.com

Apr 1, 2009, 5:39:00 PM4/1/09
I am using cs3 on a MacPro Running OS X 10.5.6

When I try to save a file using the key command (command-s) it does not save. Instead, a computer voice reads any text in the file. As amusing as the robotronic voice is, I'd rather save the file. Any hints? Thanks

Luke_R...@adobeforums.com

Apr 1, 2009, 5:48:34 PM4/1/09
I figured it out... within a few minutes of posting the question.

OS X's keyboard shortcut for speech is command-s. To change it or turn it off go to:

System Preferences
Speech
Text to Speech (tab)

uncheck Speak selected text when the key is pressed
--OR--
click the Set Key button and enter a new keystroke