How to remove CS3 after upgrade to CS4

Adrian_...@adobeforums.com

Oct 30, 2008, 10:07:46 AM10/30/08
What is the best way to remove all my CS3 suite after I upgraded to CS4 Suite? Thanks.

Dave_S...@adobeforums.com

Oct 30, 2008, 10:28:57 AM10/30/08
After a considerably long time to make sure that you don't need to keep some legacy documents in CS3 format -- this is most likely to be a issue with InDesign because of things like reflow that will occur when you convert.

As soon as you're ready, the way to do it is to use the CS3 uninstaller which you'll find in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers.

Dave

Buko

Oct 30, 2008, 12:51:18 PM10/30/08
there is also an alias in the app folder

Buko

Nov 19, 2008, 4:17:59 AM11/19/08
I never had a problem

concr...@adobeforums.com

Nov 19, 2008, 6:11:39 AM11/19/08
Buko, thanks.. wow been a long time. I have not been here for ages, good to see the Buko's still here.

concr...@adobeforums.com

Nov 19, 2008, 12:30:06 AM11/19/08
Hi I see there are issues with using the CS3 un-installer is this still the case?... thanks

Neil_...@adobeforums.com

Nov 19, 2008, 10:58:10 AM11/19/08
concretenz,

Where you will have issues is if you simply drag CS3 to the trash.

Neil

Buko

Nov 19, 2008, 10:14:00 AM11/19/08
I would definitely keep CS3 around for a while until you get the hang of CS4

Jens_Ha...@adobeforums.com

Nov 27, 2008, 9:45:08 AM11/27/08
Removed CS3 after CS4 Upgrade. After this CS4 was not functional - getting an error message some parts missing. Deinstalled everything and reinstalled CS4. No problems so far...

Jens

concr...@adobeforums.com

Dec 6, 2008, 3:04:16 AM12/6/08
hi the uninstaller seems to have an issue. I don't mind waiting as will keep CS3 on until all 3rd party plugins for CS4 have been created.

concr...@adobeforums.com

Mar 25, 2009, 9:20:09 PM3/25/09
As I no longer require CS3 on my Mac after upgrading to CS4 and waiting for the required plugins to be available I have successfully uninstalled CS3 using the Adobe CS3 Creative Suite uninstaller.

NOTE: please make a copy of the 'Adobe Unit Types.osax' found Macintosh HD/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax

At home did this without making a backup of the 'Adobe Unit Types.osax', so when I launched Photoshop CS4 it suffered from the "Error: "One or more files in the Adobe Application Support folder.."

At work I did this with making a copy of 'Adobe Unit Types.osax', place it back after the uninstall of CS3... and presto so far so good.

for the 'Error: "One or more files in the Adobe Application Support folder... are missing' when you start Photoshop CS4 (Mac OS)" read here:
<http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb407726>

sorry if this has already been posted, I could not see this anywhere.