AE crash when click color palette

Teresa Connell

May 30, 2003, 4:42:48 PM5/30/03
Running OSX 10.2.6 on a G4 and AE 5.5.1... New installation. AE runs fine except when I try to access ANY color palette. Example: change background color by clicking on box to bring up color palette and AE will crash. Try to create a new solid and make it a certain color via the color palette. Crashes again. Reinstalled software 5 times to no avail. Any clue?

Teresa

-stev=o

May 30, 2003, 5:03:47 PM5/30/03
hey teresa.
wow. that sucks.
do you have multiple displays, or a third party graphics card(s) installed? is there potential for any sort of third party conflict? do the color pickers in other apps work okay? what rez/refresh rate is your monitor set to? have you tried deleting the prefs file? what about running some osX maintenance (i.e.:disk utility, fsck -y or, repairing disk permissions)? sorry can't help more.

-stev=o

Teresa Connell

Jun 2, 2003, 10:11:59 AM6/2/03
Single display: 23" Apple cinema display monitor at 1920x1200 resolution. Refresh rate is grayed out at n/a.
128 mb NVidia graphics card
No third-party plug-ins installed at this time.
Color picker in Photoshop 7 works ok.
Tried deleting preference folder and have reinstalled software 4 or 5 times. Ughhh.
Will try OSX maintenance. Haven't done that yet since system is only 1 month old.

thanks!

Navarro Parker

Jun 2, 2003, 12:26:28 PM6/2/03
In Photoshop, try using the Apple color picker instead of the Adobe picker (it's in PS Prefs).

See if you Mac crashes when you use the Apple picker.

If so, you've got an OS problem.

Teresa Connell

Jun 3, 2003, 9:04:41 AM6/3/03
How exactly do I use the Apple color picker? Talk to me like I'm 2 and I might be able to pull it off ... seriously ;)
Not sure what to do.

Thanks!

Navarro Parker

Jun 4, 2003, 11:19:26 AM6/4/03
In your Photoshop prefs, under the "General" pop-up, there is another pop-up menu at the top that says "Color Picker"

You can choose either Adobe's or Apple's.

Choose Apple's, then click OK.

Now click on your main foreground color selector in PS. Apple's color picker should show up.