Error: An incorrect structure was found...

Kevin in Austin

Jul 15, 2002, 9:52:16 AM7/15/02
Acrobat 5.0
Win2000
Compaq Intel P3 833
256mb RAM

I am modifying an existing PDF file. The modifications end up with some blank pages that I want to remove. I right click on the page thumbnail and select Delete Page... I put in the specific page number and Enter. Some pages delete fine but a couple always end up throwing the error "An incorrect structure was found in the PDF file."

I don't have a clue what this is nor how to resolve. Can anyone offer an explanation and steps to solve?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

-- Kevin

Patty Linder

Jul 15, 2002, 1:39:33 PM7/15/02
I too, have the very same problem regarding "incorrect structures in pdf files." Does anyone know what this is referring to and what to do about it?

My files often freeze and I cannot delete any pages after this happens. Other times, it acts like there is nothing wrong.

Kevin in Austin

Jul 16, 2002, 8:00:48 AM7/16/02
Hi Patty - I found a solution. I merely dragged the page to be deleted to the end of the file and then deleted it from there. Apparently moving it to the end resets the structure. I did it with one page and then with a block of three consecutive pages. I have not tried with non-consecutive pages.

Hope this helps -- Kevin

nar...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2018, 4:52:46 AM4/18/18

Go to: VIEW ----NAVIGATION PANEL ---- TAGS ---RIGHT CLICK AND DELETE TAGS

natali...@hotmail.com

May 29, 2020, 1:14:59 PM5/29/20
On Tuesday, July 16, 2002 at 7:00:48 AM UTC-5, Kevin in Austin wrote:
> Hi Patty - I found a solution. I merely dragged the page to be deleted to the end of the file and then deleted it from there. Apparently moving it to the end resets the structure. I did it with one page and then with a block of three consecutive pages. I have not tried with non-consecutive pages.
>
> Hope this helps -- Kevin

How did you know which pages precisely were had the incorrect structure?

Pannndora x

Jun 20, 2023, 9:45:22 PM6/20/23
On Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 9:52:46 AM UTC+1, nar...@gmail.com wrote:
> Go to: VIEW ----NAVIGATION PANEL ---- TAGS ---RIGHT CLICK AND DELETE TAGS