Google Gruplar, artık yeni Usenet gönderilerini veya aboneliklerini desteklememektedir. Geçmişteki içerikler görüntülenebilir kalmaya devam edecek.

-> Stop auto resize of Acrobat main window??? <-

1.682 görüntüleme
İlk okunmamış mesaja atla

Steve JORDI

okunmadı,
27 Tem 2010 07:49:2227.07.2010
alıcı
Hi,
when I double click to open a PDF document, Acrobat (Standard 8) opens
it but often also decides to resize the main window.
I want Acrobat to always open full screen no matter what content it
has to display.
This is driving me nuts.

Any way to prevent this annoyance?

Thanks for any help

Sincerely,
Steve JORDI
M.Sc. in Geophysics

(Remove the I_REALLY_HATE_SPAMMERS from my email address)
1197 Prangins Email: stevejordiI_REAL...@hotmail.com
Switzerland WWW: www.sjordi.com
Volcanoes at www.sjordi.com/volcanoes

James

okunmadı,
27 Tem 2010 08:37:0027.07.2010
alıcı

Try this (works for for Acrobat 9):

Edit-Preferences-Page Display-Page Layout-Single Page

Steve JORDI

okunmadı,
27 Tem 2010 11:45:5727.07.2010
alıcı
>Try this (works for for Acrobat 9):
>Edit-Preferences-Page Display-Page Layout-Single Page

Thanks but this is already the case.

What I'm talking about is not the window contained in Acrobat itself,
but the Acrobat window, the application window that gets resized no
matter what... not it's child windows

Sincerely,
Steve JORDI

(Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address)
1197 Prangins Email: stevejordi...@hotmail.com

MovieDB at www.sjmoviedb.com

Satchmo

okunmadı,
27 Tem 2010 14:29:4827.07.2010
alıcı
Steve JORDI wrote:
> Hi,
> when I double click to open a PDF document, Acrobat (Standard 8) opens
> it but often also decides to resize the main window.
> I want Acrobat to always open full screen no matter what content it
> has to display.
> This is driving me nuts.
>
> Any way to prevent this annoyance?

Try to see if that happens for every single PDF. I'm not sure but some
applications will resize their window when opening based on the size of
the windows when last closed. Also keep in mind that there is a setting
when you create a PDF file that maximizes the window when the file is open.

--
~Satchmo~
Programmers: "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." (Murphy's Law)

James

okunmadı,
27 Tem 2010 15:46:1727.07.2010
alıcı

Not sure exactly what you mean? Is it the application window you get
when first click on the Acrobat icon? If it is that, have you tried
resizing the window to what you want and then closing it from
File/Exit? Most times that will force the window size to stay fixed.

Steve JORDI

okunmadı,
28 Tem 2010 06:39:3628.07.2010
alıcı
>Not sure exactly what you mean? Is it the application window you get
>when first click on the Acrobat icon?

No actually, when I launch Acrobat and make it full screen, then if I
come back to my desktop and double click a PDF document icon, it opens
it in Acrobat but then from Full Screen, Acrobat is resized to
something different, smaller.
Just like some web site resize the web browser without asking you.
That's what I want to avoid.

>If it is that, have you tried resizing the window to what you want and then closing it from
>File/Exit? Most times that will force the window size to stay fixed.

It doesn't. That's my problem.
It correctly remembers the last state, but when already open, another
PDF document can take control of the window size.
:-(

Sincerely,
Steve JORDI
M.Sc. in Geophysics

(Remove the I_REALLY_HATE_SPAMMERS from my email address)
1197 Prangins Email: stevejordiI_REAL...@hotmail.com

Switzerland WWW: www.sjordi.com
Volcanoes at www.sjordi.com/volcanoes

Steve JORDI

okunmadı,
28 Tem 2010 06:40:4528.07.2010
alıcı
>Try to see if that happens for every single PDF.

Not it's not all PDF. Probably the ones saved with "save size and
position" when they were created. I guess...

I'm not sure but some
>applications will resize their window when opening based on the size of
>the windows when last closed. Also keep in mind that there is a setting
>when you create a PDF file that maximizes the window when the file is open.

Yes but that would concern the document window size, not the
application window size. At least I hope...

Bernd Alheit

okunmadı,
30 Tem 2010 07:21:2630.07.2010
alıcı

You are talking about full screen mode or maximized window?

Steve JORDI

okunmadı,
30 Tem 2010 10:19:0830.07.2010
alıcı

>You are talking about full screen mode or maximized window?

Maximized mode of the application, not the document.

0 yeni ileti