Re: Acrobat 7.0 Error - A drawing error occurred

Dawn_C...@adobeforums.com

Apr 17, 2005, 11:35:48 AM4/17/05
Noah -

I personally am not able to read the document found at: <http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/matrix.html> and can not with my Acrobat 7.0 Professional Upgrade. There are several others in my company who CAN read the document using Acrobat 7.0 Professional Upgrade. I can however read the document using Acrobat READER 7.

Dawn Crosier

de_...@adobeforums.com

Apr 15, 2005, 11:57:53 AM4/15/05
See you would be more convincing if you actually would have contributed something constructive to this forum, just like the people you accuse of not helping.

At the moment you've done little more than spouting hot air and sound like a poor tradesman blaming his tools instead his lack of skills.

Where's the link to the 3000 pdf thing?

As for the google thing, only the first page returns documents about an error and about half of them are about a known issue with Acrobat 6 running on NT. 30% of 91.000 my 'what Jim Royle would say'.
And Edward this might seem anal retentive, but the truth sometimes is.

And... oh dear, I feel like I just became the victim of a FUD spouting troll. Damn I fell for it good, thought reading slashot would have taught me a thing or 2.

Anyhow Noah should have gotten your sample file so let's just wait till he gets back to us and perhaps makes this file public.

Jesse_...@adobeforums.com

Apr 15, 2005, 11:55:23 AM4/15/05
Is my comment about pathetic smart ass woke you up ?

Anyone who wish to have a copy of a sample problematic file...just post your email such Noah Katz did yesterday and I'll send them.

Who is stupid enought to make a search on error messages return by softwares including ---->" "<----(quote) !!!

Why do you beleive you get only 70 hit !!!

Talking about credibility...you just waist an occasion to shut up again.

Didn't I told you to keep quiet yesterday ?

Noah...@adobeforums.com

Apr 15, 2005, 1:45:44 PM4/15/05
Not doing prePress work, my settings are still at what I believe to be default and gave no problems with your . Could you clarify what are the 'default' settings you reccomend avoiding?

Noah Katz

Aandi_...@adobeforums.com

Apr 15, 2005, 11:41:27 AM4/15/05
> I just found that this issue is not even been considered seriously by Adobe.

Have you spoken with anyone from Adobe? Have you even reported the
problem to them?

>Before I end my LAST comment on this subject, I just did a quick search on Google with the following search criteria; Acrobat 7 Drawing error, and there is 91 000 documents found this morning. Sure, all of them may not be relevant at all but even a conservative 30%

Sorry, wildly optimistic still but a nice try. It is likely that any
message about this would include "drawing error" so searching for
acrobat 7 "drawing error"
reduces to 70 hits.

It's a pity you couldn't share that file on a web site; it would have
given more people a chance to diagnose what is surely a real problem
for you.

Aandi Inston

Jesse_...@adobeforums.com

Apr 15, 2005, 1:28:26 PM4/15/05
I HAVE FOUND MY PROBLEM AND SOLVE IT.

IN ACROBAT v7 GOTO PREFERENCES >> COLOR MANAGEMENT >>
SET RGB COLOR TO "ADOBE RGB (1998)" or anything but the default one.

ALSO SET CMYK COLOR TO "U.S. WEB COATED (SWOP) v2" or anything but the default one.

SCREW YOU ALL SMART ASS !!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$'`$$$$$$$$$$$'`$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$ '$/ `/ `$' .$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$. i i /! .$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$.--'--' $$$$$$$$$
$$^^$$$$$' J$$$$$$$$$
$$$ ~"" `. .$$$$$$$
$$$$$e, ; .$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$.' $$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$. $$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$

Aandi_...@adobeforums.com

Apr 15, 2005, 11:58:57 AM4/15/05
Well, you know best.

Aandi Inston

Jesse_...@adobeforums.com

Apr 15, 2005, 2:38:02 PM4/15/05
After further test, I wouldn't say to avoid definitely but simply to set momentary to another COLOR MANAGEMENT PROFIL.

I had the same file open I sent you...which produce a blank page to me and a Drawing error message. Even thought the page was blank I knew the file was there because by using the Preflight function it could read some data and pinpoint color problems. I played with the monitor/printer color management profiles which was set to default ones since I installed Acrobat v7 and bingo it suddenly appear on screen. Now everything is back to normal. And I can even set it back to any profiles...the default one too (sRGB IEC61966-2.1).

I can now open all my files without any glitch.

Hope this help some of you receiving a Drawing error after they upgraded to v7 and cannot open anymore their files produced with prior version of Acrobat 7.

Lena...@adobeforums.com

Apr 19, 2005, 12:50:37 PM4/19/05
BINGO!
I am an Adobe 7.0 user in Sweden who also have had this problem. I followed the instructions to change colour management profile and it worked!!!!!
Thank you for yor help Jesse

Lena Tamm

deeppu...@gmail.com

May 9, 2015, 3:26:31 AM5/9/15