Inquiry Regarding Missing Column "CMMED" in Concurrent Medications Log Dataset

Ramy Salama

Jan 26, 2024, 12:38:40 PMJan 26
to Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) Data
I hope this email finds you well. My name is Ramy, and I am a researcher currently working with the ADNI datasets. I am reaching out to you regarding an issue I have encountered with the "Concurrent Medications Log [ADNI1,GO,2,3]" dataset. Upon accessing the dataset, I noticed that it appears to lack a column named "CMMED," which I expected to find based on the dataset documentation. However, upon inspection, I couldn't locate this specific column within the dataset. I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide clarification on whether the "CMMED" column is expected to be present in the "Concurrent Medications Log [ADNI1,GO,2,3]" dataset. If it is indeed expected, I would be interested in any guidance or information you could offer regarding its absence or any alternative means of accessing this information. I have reviewed the dataset documentation and attempted to access the data through various methods, but I haven't been successful in locating the "CMMED" column.

Dave E

Jan 26, 2024, 2:10:24 PMJan 26
to Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) Data
I am not an expert (just another data user) but it seems the CMMED Concurrent Medications column (hopefully the one you are after?) can be found by downloading the ADNIMERGE R script from the download area.

The ADNIMERGE library has a not-quite-complete (29 columns versus 39) version of the Concurrent Medications Log (called 'reccmeds') as described here....
 https://adni.bitbucket.io/reference/reccmeds.html

I guess the other scripts (SAS, etc.) have the same functionality?

Otherwise the downloadable medication datasets are called BACKMEDS and RECCMEDS (a different one!?), available in the Medical History tab of the download area.
BACKMEDS has a KEYMED column, while RECCMEDS has a CMMEDID column (not CMMED).

A lot of this med data seems quite sparsely populated.

Rgds,
Dave

Danielle J Harvey

Jan 26, 2024, 4:26:19 PMJan 26
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Due to a concern about text fields not being vetted, these variables have been removed from datafiles available for download through the ADNI website until they can be thoroughly checked. The CMMED variable is one that has been identified as being particularly useful to end users, so it is on the list to be reviewed first and then a decision will be made about how to make the information contained in that variable available.

Danielle

**CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE** This e-mail communication and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential and privileged under state and federal privacy laws. If you received this e-mail in error, be aware that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy/delete all copies of this message.