fMRI data for ADNI1

Nalani Knight

Jan 25, 2021, 12:17:07 PM1/25/21
to adni...@googlegroups.com
Hi all:

Does anyone know if resting state fMRI, or really any BOLD fMRI, data were collected for ADNI1? I'm only able to find the structural, FDG, etc neuroimaging data using the Advanced Search options. When I select fMRI and check each time point for ADNI1 (using "OR"), there are "no results found". If there's another location I need to look, please let me know. I really appreciate your help!

Sincerely,

Nalani

Danielle J Harvey

Jan 25, 2021, 12:18:48 PM1/25/21
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nalani,

Resting state fMRI was not collected in ADNI-1. In ADNI-GO/2, rs-fMRI was collected on a subset of individuals. In ADNI-3, rs-fMRI was collected on everyone.

Danielle

**CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE** This e-mail communication and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential and privileged under state and federal privacy laws. If you received this e-mail in error, be aware that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy/delete all copies of this message.

Nalani Knight

Jan 25, 2021, 12:40:00 PM1/25/21
to adni...@googlegroups.com
Hi Danielle,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! However, when I search under the fMRI modality for ADNI 3, I still receive
"No Results". How may I access the data?

Thanks a lot!

Nalani

ADNI3_fMRI_search_results.png

Danielle J Harvey

Jan 25, 2021, 12:50:22 PM1/25/21
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nalani,

In the panel on the left of the screen (in the Advanced Search (beta)), under Image Types, are you selecting Original or Pre-Processed or Post-processed? I just did a quick search using Original and scans came up, but when I did it checking Pre-Processed, no images came up.

You might also want to check ADNI Screening as one of the allowable visits, since that will capture the image from the initial visit for newly enrolled ADNI-3 participants (as opposed to the continuing participants).

Nalani Knight

Jan 25, 2021, 1:06:01 PM1/25/21
to adni...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for pointing this out. I had assumed that ADNI Screening was solely for the initial screening of ADNI1 (and I can't quite remember now why I thought that to begin with haha). At any rate, one advantage of the ADNI2 data is that pre-processed fMRI data is available. I try to stick to the standard pre-processed data provided by the Imaging Core so that any new results I may obtain are not a result of various pre-processing methods applied. Do you know if they plan to make pre-processed ADNI3 data available? From reading the literature, I thought this would be applied soon after the data were collected. Since ADNI3 began in 2016, is this not in the plans for ADNI3?

Sincerely,

Nalani

Danielle J Harvey

Jan 25, 2021, 1:15:50 PM1/25/21
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nalani,

For the most part, the pre-processed images in ADNI-2 reflected various “corrections” implemented by the MRI Core, but in ADNI-3, since all of the different scanner manufacturers have the corrections that were being done by the MRI Core as a default during acquisition, Mayo no longer needed to do them…so the original scans in ADNI-3 should have the corrections already in place.

Nalani Knight

Jan 25, 2021, 1:17:17 PM1/25/21
to adni...@googlegroups.com
Great to know. Thanks so much for your help!