Verifying Diagnostic Summary

Michael Romano

Nov 3, 2020, 7:16:14 PM11/3/20
to Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) Data
Hello,

For the Diagnostic Summaries, what are the strict criteria that are used? Is there a document somewhere for this? I am specifically looking for data for ADNIGO and ADNI2. Thanks!!

Mike

Michael Romano

Nov 3, 2020, 7:18:14 PM11/3/20
to Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) Data
Ah and one other nitpicky question -- how do the "study ID changes" affect ADNI data? Are they already integrated?

Mike

Naomi Saito

Nov 3, 2020, 7:48:29 PM11/3/20
to Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) Data
Hi,
ADNIGO Procedure Manual (page4~) has inclusion/exclusion criteria for EMCI, and ADNI2 Procedure Manual (page 27~) has inclusion/exclusion criteria for each diagnostic groups.

Both Procedure Manuals are at

Naomi
A large part of the success of the ADNI study rests on the consistency of data collection and processing. To guarantee this success, the cores and PIs have created uniform procedures and protocols to be used by researchers participating in the study.

For the Diagnostic Summaries, what are the strict criteria that are used? Is there a document somewhere for this? I am specifically looking for data for ADNIGO and ADNI2. Thanks!!

Mike

**CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE** This e-mail communication and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential and privileged under state and federal privacy laws. If you received this e-mail in error, be aware that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy/delete all copies of this message.

Michael Romano

Nov 3, 2020, 8:40:41 PM11/3/20
to Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) Data
Awesome, thank you so much!

Danielle J Harvey

Nov 3, 2020, 8:42:37 PM11/3/20
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mike,

RID is the unique participant identifier, so that should stick with a person through all phases of ADNI.

Danielle

Nov 4, 2020, 3:27:09 PM11/4/20
to Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) Data
Thank you again!

And a follow-up to question #1 -- how are patients assigned a diagnosis after their original diagnosis? For example, baseline visit diagnosis, 6 month diagnosis, etc.

Danielle J Harvey

Nov 4, 2020, 4:03:39 PM11/4/20
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mike,

Diagnoses are made by clinicians seeing the individuals at each visit. They assign NL, MCI or dementia to each participant. The criteria used to determine each diagnosis should be the same as what is used at screening (EMCI and LMCI are both MCI and SMC and NL are both NL).

Michael Romano

Nov 4, 2020, 4:04:57 PM11/4/20
to Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) Data
Ah okay, thanks. I was under the impression that the screening visit diagnoses were made using less stringent criteria? (thinking of the "ARM" spreadsheet...)

Danielle J Harvey

Nov 4, 2020, 4:25:24 PM11/4/20
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mike,

They are in that they do not have the full battery of neuropsych testing, whereas at later visits, clinicians should have access to all cognitive information (so other indicators of memory besides Logical Memory II). I was trying to find a place in the documents available on the website that clearly stated the definitions of diagnoses at later visits (dementia is a formal diagnosis, so that should be based on the clinical definition of dementia, MCI will be CDR=0.5 and CDR Memory box score at least 0.5, an MMSE between 24 and 30, without evidence of dementia, NL would be CDR=0 with MMSE between 24 and 30, cognitively normal).

Michael Romano

Nov 4, 2020, 4:27:10 PM11/4/20
to Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) Data
Ah, okay, thank you!

If you do find a place on the website please let me know, otherwise I will just write something like "per ADNI definition of ***..."