ADNI Recruitment

Samuel Bateman

Jun 9, 2023, 7:29:49 AM6/9/23
to Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) Data
Hello ADNI Team,

I can't seem to find details as to how ADNI participants were recruited (i.e., volunteer, opportunity, recruited from hospitals etc.). And how they came to be diagnosed as healthy, MCI, or dementia. Were these diagnoses performed by ADNI staff or are they taken from healthcare records?

Many thanks,
Samuel

Danielle J Harvey

Jun 9, 2023, 10:45:50 AM6/9/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com

The protocols for the different phases of ADNI (available if you click on Documents near the top of https://adni.loni.usc.edu) describe materials available to sites for recruitment. There are ~50 sites that participate in ADNI and each site does their own recruitment.

Diagnoses are determined by a study physician at each site.

Danielle

**CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE** This e-mail communication and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential and privileged under state and federal privacy laws. If you received this e-mail in error, be aware that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy/delete all copies of this message.

Samuel Bateman

Jun 26, 2023, 11:29:44 AM6/26/23
to Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) Data
Thanks for your response Danielle. I have another question too - is there a complete list available of all proteins of interest which were measured/included in ADNI1? I've searched your documentation on the website for ADNI1 and the biospecimen protocols but cannot seem to find the rationale behind using a subset of all available CSF proteins (nor a complete list of all proteins included).

Naomi Saito

Jun 26, 2023, 5:49:44 PM6/26/23
to Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) Data
You can check ADNI website: Methods and tools
i.e.,
Biomarker analysis: see what biomarker core does.
RARC-approved study: you will see the list of investigators, type and number of samples they were approved to use, and if they uploaded data.

Naomi

Jul 5, 2023, 1:42:13 PM7/5/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com

The ADNI study itself only planned to obtain certain biomarkers from CSF (Abeta, tau, p-tau) in ADNI-1, GO, 2 and 3. In addition clinical labs were done on plasma/blood. Other groups and consortia applied for access to either CSF or plasma/blood samples to measure their own markers of interest, with the expectation that the results would be uploaded to the ADNI database and made available to the public through the LONI website. The RARC-approved studies that Naomi mentioned gives some indication of other markers that were obtained, but they tend to be on a subset of individuals, not all participants.

Danielle

Juliana Nery de Souza Talarico

Jul 21, 2023, 1:36:30 PM7/21/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Hi Danielle,

Can you please let me know which CSF abeta values (AB 40, 42, ratio) are available in the ADNIMERGE - Key ADNI tables merged into one table - Packages for SAS [ADNI1,GO,2] ?

Thank you so much

Juliana

Danielle J Harvey

Jul 21, 2023, 1:43:39 PM7/21/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Hi Juliana,

The adnimerge table contains the Roche Elecsys values for CSF markers.

Danielle

Juliana Nery de Souza Talarico

Jul 21, 2023, 2:03:03 PM7/21/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Juliana Nery de Souza Talarico

Jul 21, 2023, 2:10:45 PM7/21/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Danielle,

One more question,

Since several labs performed abeta CSF analysis in the ADNI study, is there one recommended use or guidance for choosing one?

Danielle J Harvey

Jul 21, 2023, 2:15:34 PM7/21/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Hi Juliana,

The data from UPENN (which is what is in the the adnimerge table) was done on all samples, since that is the ADNI Biomarker Core. The other groups that generated CSF data only processed a subset of samples.

Juliana Nery de Souza Talarico

Jul 21, 2023, 2:16:29 PM7/21/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Excellent, thank you so so much!
Have a great weekend!

Juliana Nery de Souza Talarico

Aug 15, 2023, 5:00:06 PM8/15/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Hi Danielle,

Can you please let me know what abeta is available in the AD adnimerge table dataset (40, 42)?

Thank you

Juliana

mdonohue

Aug 15, 2023, 5:12:02 PM8/15/23
to Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) Data
It's 42.

Mike

Juliana Nery de Souza Talarico

Aug 22, 2023, 5:27:03 PM8/22/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Hi Danielle,

Can you please let me know if CSF ab42 values in the dataset “ADNIMERGE” (Key ADNI tables merged into one table - [ADNI1,GO,2]) come from the dataset “ UPENN - ADNI/DIAN Study CSF Elecsys Results [ADNI1,GO,2]?

Naomi Saito

Aug 22, 2023, 7:17:54 PM8/22/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com
Hi Juliana,
It is not from ADNI/DIAN study CSF results. (please read the method paper you want to learn more about ADNI/DIAN study; they had re-run CSF samples for this study.)

I checked R code to output the "ADNIMERGE" file, and it looks like they use UPENNBIOMK9 file which you can download from _Archive section of Download Study Data page.

Naomi

Aug 24, 2023, 12:53:54 PM8/24/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com
Hi Juliana,
You can find the dataset from Download Study Data, under "_Archive" section.
UPENN CSF Biomarker Elecsys[ADNI1, GO, 2] ; I think Version: 2017-04-19 is the latest UPENNBIOMK9 data.

From there, you can also download UPENNBIOMK10 or UPENNBIOMK12; they include ADNI3 results.

Naomi

You can find the dataset from Download Study Data, under "_Archive" section.

UPENN CSF Biomarker Elecsys[ADNI1, GO, 2] ; I think Version: 2017-04-19 is the latest UPENNBIOMK9 data.

From there, you can also download UPENNBIOMK10 or UPENNBIOMK12; they include ADNI3 results.

Naomi

Could you let me know where is the dataset that you mentioned (UPENNBIOMK9)?  I don’t see a dataset called UPENNBIOMK9 in the ADNI datasets.

Thank you so much

Juliana

Error! Filename not specified.

Thank you

Juliana Nery de Souza Talarico

Aug 29, 2023, 4:59:08 PM8/29/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Hi Naomi,

Sorry, it’s me again with a question about the CSF abeta. Can you please let me know what dataset I can find abeta40 levels for the participants listed in the ADNIMERGE” (Key ADNI tables merged into one table - [ADNI1, GO,2])? I look at the UPENNBIOMK9, 10 and UPENNBIOMK12, but not all participants in the ADNIMERGE are in the UPENNBIOMKs datasets.

I appreciate any direction about it.

Thank you so much

Juliana

From: 'Naomi Saito' via Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) Data <adni...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 11:53 AM
To: adni...@googlegroups.com <adni...@googlegroups.com>

Hi Juliana,

You can find the dataset from Download Study Data, under "_Archive" section.

UPENN CSF Biomarker Elecsys[ADNI1, GO, 2] ; I think Version: 2017-04-19 is the latest UPENNBIOMK9 data.

From there, you can also download UPENNBIOMK10 or UPENNBIOMK12; they include ADNI3 results.

Naomi

Naomi Saito

Aug 29, 2023, 7:25:37 PM8/29/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com
Hi Juliana,
I understand that ABETA40 is available after UPENNBIOMK10, and we don't have ABETA40 for all subjects; I see that only new samples and selected old CSF samples have ABETA40.

I think UPENNBIOMK_MASTER_FINAL data may be helpful one.
This data can be downloaded from Biospecimen: Biospecimen Results section.  (UPENN CSF Biomarker Master).

The master data contains all UPENNBIOMK files (batch1 ~ batch13).
Please note that prior to UPENNBIOMK9 (first 8 batches 1~8), they used the INNO-BIA AlzBio3, so Abeta42 (Tau, PTau) value ranges are different from Roche Elecsys values. (UPENN9~13.).

The master data has all available ABETA40, so you can see which subjects/visit have ABETA40 in which batch data.

Naomi

to Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) Data
Hello there,

I have a problem accessing the ADNI website today. Is it the same for all?

BEST

Solmaz

Danielle J Harvey

Sep 17, 2023, 4:02:14 PM9/17/23