AIBL and ADNI overlap

Helena Pereira

Jan 11, 2024, 11:11:02 AMJan 11
to Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) Data
Hello,

I apologize for reaching out again, but I have another question about ADNI and the Australian Imaging Biomarkers and Lifestyle (AIBL). According with the AIBL website

The non-imaging data is only provided for subjects for whom MR and PIB/PET imaging data were acquired. These non-imaging data are provided through a subset of the same (CSV) tables that ADNI provides. That is, the AIBL data has been mapped to the ADNI table structure and dictionary.

Are the RID the same in ADNI and AIBL? How can I find the subjects stored in the two datasets?

Thank you once again,

Helena

Danielle J Harvey

Jan 11, 2024, 11:55:52 AMJan 11
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Hi Helena,

Not having worked with the AIBL data, I am making a guess here, but I believe you need to request access to the AIBL data – then you will be able to download tables (similar csv files to what you find for ADNI, though not all tables in ADNI will be in AIBL) of data. AIBL will have their own participants (in Australia).

Danielle

**CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE** This e-mail communication and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential and privileged under state and federal privacy laws. If you received this e-mail in error, be aware that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy/delete all copies of this message.

Helena Pereira

Jan 12, 2024, 4:31:16 AMJan 12
to adni...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I will contact the AIBL. I downloaded the files, but I do not know if I can match the subjects by the RID, i.e, if they have the same RID in the two databases.

Thank you,
All the best,
Helena

Danielle J Harvey

Jan 12, 2024, 10:40:13 AMJan 12
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Hi Helena,

It is highly unlikely that any participant is in both AIBL and ADNI…AIBL is based in Australia, while ADNI is based in North America – but you can certainly ask the AIBL team for verification.

Helena Pereira

Jan 12, 2024, 11:52:34 AMJan 12
to adni...@googlegroups.com
Hi Danielle,

You're right, I misunderstood their information! They just used similar protocols as ADNI.

Thank you very much for your help,
All the best,
Helena