Subjects having MRI, DTI, and PET

Shahzad ALi

Nov 27, 2023, 9:18:35 AM11/27/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
Dear ADNI Experts,
I am looking for subjects having PET, MRI, and DTI imaging biomarkers. How can I search for subjects from the ADNI database?
Many thanks in advance for any insight that you might provide!

Best,
Shahzad

Danielle J Harvey

Dec 4, 2023, 12:11:46 PM12/4/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Hi Shahzad,

One approach is to download the individual files from the Study Data page that contain the biomarkers of interest to you (there are files that contain summaries from PET, MRI and DTI). Then you can merge the files (by RID and EXAMDATE or VISCODE or VISCODE2) to identify participants who have the markers you are interested in.

Danielle

**CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE** This e-mail communication and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential and privileged under state and federal privacy laws. If you received this e-mail in error, be aware that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy/delete all copies of this message.

Parisa Arjmand

Dec 20, 2023, 2:29:29 PM12/20/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Parisa, and I am reaching out to inquire about obtaining information regarding PET scan dates for subjects in the ADNI database.

I am currently working on ADNI data. As part of this endeavor, I need specific details about the dates of PET scans conducted on each subject.

Could you please guide me on how I can access or obtain the necessary information regarding PET scan dates for individual subjects? Additionally, if there is a specific file or database name where this information is stored, I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with that detail.

Your assistance in this matter would be invaluable to my research/work, and I am grateful for any support or information you can provide.

Thank you very much for your time and attention to this request. I eagerly await your response.

Warm regards,

Parisa Arjmand

Naomi Saito

Dec 20, 2023, 5:05:07 PM12/20/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com
Hi Parisa,
You can use the PET Metadata Listing (PET_META_LIST_ddmmmyyyy.csv) file to obtain scan date for all PET scan for all ADNI subjects.

You can find this file from Download Study Data > Imaging > PET Image Acquisition section.

If you are interested in a particular PET scan information,( i.e. Tau PET), you can just use its scan information files (i.e. for Tau PET, use Tau AV-1451 PET Scan Information files (TAUMETA_ddmmmyyyy.csv)).

Naomi Saito

Dec 20, 2023, 6:07:56 PM12/20/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much Naomi.
It was very helpful. I got it. Would you please also help me find a dictionary or instructions for PET meta list?

Best,
Parisa

Naomi Saito

Dec 21, 2023, 12:06:38 PM12/21/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com
Hi Parisa,
This data is a list of available PET image

Orig/Proc: original or processed image
Subject: subject ID,  RID is last 4 digit of this ID  (we use RID to merge with other data)
Visit: visit description
Scan Date: scan date
Study ID:  LONI PET study id
Series ID: LONI PET series id
Image ID: LONI PET image id

If you are trying to merge with other ADNI data (i.e. clinical data), I would use PET scan information data files because they have RID and VISCODE/VISCODE2 (so I can merge data).  DATADIC.csv should have variable descriptions for all data (including PET scan information data; however, I could not find one for PET meta list).

Naomi

Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2023 3:07 PM

Parisa Arjmand

Dec 22, 2023, 7:46:02 PM12/22/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much for your useful information.

Best regards,
Parisa