Are measures in UWNPSYCHSUM scaled by baseline measures?

Adelyn Tsai

Feb 28, 2023, 2:55:37 PM2/28/23
to Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) Data
Hi,
I want to ask for the composite scores in the UWNPSYCHSUM file, are they generated by scaling those measures by the baseline average and baseline standard deviation. That is, the measures from the follow-up visits can reflect how much change from the baseline.

Thank you again for your help,
Adelyn

Danielle J Harvey

Feb 28, 2023, 6:53:41 PM2/28/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com

My understanding is that the composite scores are computed separately for each visit (based on a model that was developed either using just baseline data or some longitudinal data). There is a methods document available for download on the ADNI website. There are also publications that go further into the details about how the composites were constructed (you should be able to access them through PubMed).

Danielle

**CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE** This e-mail communication and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential and privileged under state and federal privacy laws. If you received this e-mail in error, be aware that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy/delete all copies of this message.

Juliana Nery de Souza Talarico

Mar 1, 2023, 10:26:30 AM3/1/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I am looking for blood Abeta42 and Abeta40 for the ADNI1, GO, and 2 cohorts. I found it in the UPENN – 2D-UPLC and Bateman Lab datasets, but many participants did not have it. Is there another dataset in ADNI that contains blood Abeta42 and 40?

Thank you

Juliana

Danielle J Harvey

Mar 1, 2023, 10:50:49 AM3/1/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com

Hi Juliana,

Plasma Abeta was not a planned part of ADNI-GO/2/3 – the plasma Abeta measures that are available are from side projects, so that is why the measures are not available for most participants. We will be collecting those measures as part of ADNI-4.

Danielle

Juliana Nery de Souza Talarico

Mar 1, 2023, 10:52:38 AM3/1/23
to adni...@googlegroups.com
Em qua., 1 de mar. de 2023 às 9:50 AM, 'Danielle J Harvey' via Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) Data <adni...@googlegroups.com> escreveu:

Hi Juliana,

Plasma Abeta was not a planned part of ADNI-GO/2/3 – the plasma Abeta measures that are available are from side projects, so that is why the measures are not available for most participants. We will be collecting those measures as part of ADNI-4.

Danielle

 I got it! Thank you for the prompt answer.

--
Juliana Nery de Souza-Talarico, PhD
Faculty member