ADNI-1 Plasma neurofilament light (NFL) Blennow duplicates

Thiago Paranhos

Mar 29, 2024, 9:53:09 AMMar 29
to Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) Data
Hi everyone.

I am in the process of organizing plasma neurofilament light (NFL) data from Blennow (ADNI_BLENNOWPLASMANFLLONG_10_03_18_28Mar2024.csv), and I have observed that some rows contain duplicates with varying Plasma_NFL concentrations for identical VISCODE visits (e.g., Rows 19 & 20). Each pair of duplicates is marked with "1" or "2" in the RECNO column. Notably, the draw dates for each duplicate pair differ significantly, often by a year.

Given the discrepancies, I am inclined to use only the Plasma values linked to RECNO 1, as their draw dates align more consistently with the baseline patient exam dates in ADNIMERGE.csv.

However, I am curious about the significance of the NFL values for RECNO 2 and whether disregarding them constitutes a sound approach to managing these duplicates.

Thank you,

Thiago