Javascript Error

dinshaw

Sep 27, 2009, 12:57:10 PM9/27/09
to admin_assistant
Hi there,
Loving the admin_assistant. Thanks you.

Getting a Javascript Error though:

ReferenceError: Can't find variable: Class

I thought maybe there was a prototype or JQuery dep that I hadn't seen
but neither sees to get rid of it.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Francis Hwang

Sep 27, 2009, 7:54:45 PM9/27/09
to admin_a...@googlegroups.com
A few questions:

* Are you seeing this on any particular page, or pretty much everywhere?

* Did you remember to put a call to admin_assistant_includes in your
admin layout?

Generally speaking, the JS in admin_assistant uses prototype. There
has been interest in having a JQuery version, too, which I'm generally
in favor of but not sure how to do well, since the JS is getting kind
of big.

Francis Hwang
http://fhwang.net/

dinshaw

Sep 28, 2009, 9:37:41 AM9/28/09
to admin_assistant
My fault, I think i must have mis-typed something when I added the
prototype include to see if that fixed the error.
The errors go away with (haml layout):
= javascript_include_tag 'prototype'
= admin_assistant_includes

If prototype is meant to be included as such, it wouldn't hurt to have
it on the getting started page, which currently looks to me like the
'only' thing you need in the headers is the
'admin_assistant_includes'.
Thank you again for your efforts.
-Dinshaw

On Sep 27, 7:54 pm, Francis Hwang <s...@fhwang.net> wrote:
> A few questions:
>
> * Are you seeing this on any particular page, or pretty much everywhere?
>
> * Did you remember to put a call to admin_assistant_includes in your
> admin layout?
>
> Generally speaking, the JS in admin_assistant uses prototype. There
> has been interest in having a JQuery version, too, which I'm generally
> in favor of but not sure how to do well, since the JS is getting kind
> of big.
>
> Francis Hwanghttp://fhwang.net/

Francis Hwang

Sep 28, 2009, 8:50:17 PM9/28/09
to admin_a...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the tip, Dinshaw. I've improved the documentation.

Francis Hwang
http://fhwang.net/