Alex Farrill

Oct 6, 2009, 8:56:35 PM10/6/09
to admin_assistant
I'm not really happy with the way search works now.  I don't want all these different inputs for each field, I just want a textbox.  It would be nice if there were a way to fall back to that.

It would also be nice if the default search behavior would use 'table.column' syntax instead of just 'column' as this immediately blows up when you use index.include with another model that has a field named the same as a field on the model you're working on.

Also, I poked around with the
search[:virtual_column].conditions do
   "my_conditions"
end

syntax, but it seems kind of pointless to me if you can't get to the params from this block.  How is this feature supposed to be used?

Thanks,
Alex