Re: cumd_norm

Steve Martell

Sep 23, 2016, 11:48:54 AM9/23/16
to admb-...@googlegroups.com
dvariable z = (-0.2 - 1.5)/1.2;
p = cumd_norm(z);

On Sep 23, 2016, at 12:52 AM, Saang-Yoon <shy...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi.
I note "cumd_norm" in the ADMB manual, and believe it returns the cumulative normal probability.    However, we don't find its usage in the manual.  For example, what arguments does it require?   May I ask your help with its illustration?   For example, how would you code in ADMB to calculate Prob(X<-0.2) where X ~ Normal(1.5, 1.2).  In R, we can write as follows:   pnorm(-0.2, mean=1.5, sd=sqrt(1.2)).     Thank you in advance for your help.
Saang-Yoon

Saang-Yoon

Sep 24, 2016, 4:35:51 AM9/24/16
to admb-users
Steve. Thank you.

Anders Nielsen

Sep 24, 2016, 8:16:15 AM9/24/16
to admb-...@googlegroups.com
To match your example I think you want the square root of the 1.2 as in:

 dvariable z = (-0.2 - 1.5)/sqrt(1.2);
p = cumd_norm(z);

Saang-Yoon Hyun

Sep 24, 2016, 9:39:44 AM9/24/16
to admb-...@googlegroups.com

Thank you.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "admb-users" group.