Re: [ADMB Users] fixed memory leak (hopefully)

dave fournier

Oct 24, 2014, 1:32:07 PM10/24/14
to maren, us...@admb-project.org
On 10/24/2014 04:29 AM, maren wrote:

Hi Dave,

Yes there still seems to be a problem.  the new one appears to be subtler than the original.

Are you aware that you can do a smaller number of mcmc steps save the results and then restart the mcmc.
that might be the way to go until this leak is identified.

     Dave

I have been running my model again for roughly 24 hours with the updated version of glmmADMB that you sent to me. The allocated memory might be a bit smaller but reached again already 5.5 GB. However, I started 10000 iterations this time and not 2000 and cannot tell how far the MCMC ran up to now (can I check that somehow?). Therefore, I am wondering if there might be another memory leak. Or do I, for example, also need to update the package R2admb in case the problem was ADMB related?

Best wishes,

Maren

Am 22.10.2014 19:10, schrieb dave fournier:
Hi,

Here is a 64 bit windows version of glmmadmb with the fix I put in. YOu should unzip it
and replace the glmmadmb.exe in your R dist and give it a try.

      Cheers,

      Dave

maren

Oct 27, 2014, 2:15:02 PM10/27/14
to dave fournier, us...@admb-project.org

Hi Dave,

I have been running my model again for roughly 24 hours with the updated version of glmmADMB that you sent to me. The allocated memory might be a bit smaller but reached again already 5.5 GB. However, I started 10000 iterations this time and not 2000 and cannot tell how far the MCMC ran up to now (can I check that somehow?). Therefore, I am wondering if there might be another memory leak. Or do I, for example, also need to update the package R2admb in case the problem was ADMB related?

dave fournier

Oct 28, 2014, 1:55:50 PM10/28/14
to maren, us...@admb-project.org
On 10/28/2014 01:58 AM, maren wrote:

Good to hear. I hope we can get glmmadmb rebuilt with these changes.

    Dave

Hi Dave,

I just want to let you know that the new version of glmmADMB is performing well in a long MCMC run. The allocated memory doesn’t reach such large sizes anymore.

Thanks again for fixing the memory leaks!

Best wishes,

Maren

Am 26.10.2014 21:41, schrieb dave fournier:
On 10/24/2014 04:29 AM, maren wrote:

Hi,

This should be much better.

    Dave