upcoming paddles

peg jacobs

Jul 24, 2021, 12:22:52 PM7/24/21
to ADK google group
 July 26th - The weather looks really nice for Monday paddle!!!  This week will be a "longer" paddle.  We'll meet the DEC parking lot across from the Montezuma visitors center on Rt 20 at 10:00.  (if you need directions they are on the website -
adk-gvc.org,  go to the calendar on "paddles)  We will paddle on the Seneca River for a bit then turn into the Clyde River.  These rivers run along the Montezuma wildlife area so quite often there is interesting wildlife along the way.  This part of the paddle is about 2 hours....we then stop at a very rustic area to have lunch (it was "rustic 2 years ago - heaven knows what it is now)  After lunch we turn into the canal and go into one lock then return back on the canal and Seneca river.  Please do not plan to be home by a certain time - we do not know exactly what time we will get back.  Total - this is about a 4 hour paddle plus lunch and breaks.   We "usually" get back to the parking lot around 3:00, sometimes before, sometimes later!

Bring:  lunch
            water/drinks
            rain gear
            work gloves are handy in the lock
            your boating equipment
as always - call or e mail if you have any questions.  Peg  585-730-9945

Upcoming paddles:

    July 29th  - Canadice Lake with Rick Richmond

    Aug  5th      North end of Canandaigua Lake with Rick

    Aug.  12      Cayuga/Seneca canal with Rick