May 22nd Holland Island Paddle Trip

Marcia B Barrett

May 16, 2021, 10:31:33 PM5/16/21
to ADK-GVC Waterways

Please see the following messsage from Jim Bird.

Due to conditions at Howland Island, we will not be able to safely paddle there at this time.  Please join us instead for a circumnavigation of Canadice Lake on May 22nd.  Please meet at the northeast launch site in time to be on the water at 10:00am.  Bring lunch, change of clothes, clothes suitable for the weather, and water and snacks.  We’ll paddle around the north end of the lake and down to the southeast launch site where we’ll eat lunch, seek relief, and rest.  Then we’ll head back up to the launch.  Distance is about 6.5-7 miles depending on water level.  This will be a good warmup paddle for early in the season.  Perhaps we’ll see some bald eagles!  No speed qualifications for this paddle.  Please send me a note at birdj...@gmail.com if you plan to attend.

Thanks.

Marcia & Peg