waterways updates

peg jacobs

Jul 13, 2021, 8:17:31 PM7/13/21
to ADK google group

"Would you please post this to the waterways group?  " There is usually one paddle a year around Howland Island and people might be interested in keeping the water chestnut under control around Howland Island.   This activity could fall under conservation for the club.   The dates are Wed 7/14, Wed 7/21, Wed 8/4 and Sat 8/7.  Canoes, paddles and life jackets are provided.  Meetup is at 9:00 am  at the Montezuma Audubon Center (MAC).  We’ll  be picking water chestnut until 12:00 and lunch is provided by the Friends of Montezuma.  To sign up and questions call the MAC at 315-365-3588 or email mont...@audubon.org.  The MAC is closed on Sunday and Monday.  The MAC is located on RT 89 just North of the town of Savannah.

Gretchen Schauss"

Here's some upcoming paddles.....keep an eye on the website - new paddles are being added:

​Monday July19th - Barb Brenner will lead a leisurely paddle on Black Creek at Churchville Park....information is on the website

Thursday July 22nd - Rick Richmond is leading a paddle on the Genesee River up to the falls - check the information on the website

Saturday July 24th - Don Socha and Peg Warwick are leading a paddle at Fair Haven State Park - info on the website

Monday July 26th - the Monday paddle is a long paddle at Seneca River and the Clyde River.

Wed Aug 4th ADK picnic at Mendon Ponds - 4:00-8:00, dinner at 6:00.

Have a great week all!!!

*webiste  ADK-gvc.org

Stephanie Kutzke

Jul 18, 2021, 4:43:55 PM7/18/21
to cano...@hotmail.com, ADK google group
Does anyone know what the water level on Black Creek Churchville is like for tomorrow’s paddle? I fear it may be too high to launch and be safe!

Stephanie Kutzke

Sent from my iPad

barb brenner

Jul 18, 2021, 6:14:44 PM7/18/21
to sjk...@yahoo.com, peg jacobs, ADK google group
I don't have any current info on the water level at Black Creek but will access the level when we arrive tomorrow.  We won't paddle if it is an unsafe situation.
Barb Brenner
Trip Leader

Lisa G

Jul 19, 2021, 8:34:35 AM7/19/21
to bjabr...@gmail.com, sjk...@yahoo.com, peg jacobs, ADK google group
You could always turn around and go the other way if the water is too high and paddle the Genesee River if you put in at Black Creek Rd. Boat Launch in Chili.  Fun either way.
Lisa

Lisa Gonzalez