Upcoming Multi-day trails events

Larry Telle (gmail)

Apr 11, 2021, 10:16:25 PM4/11/21
to adk-gvc...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, that we have several events coming up that out of our regularly scheduled trail events.

1.) Volunteer activity to "Pick up the Parks"  on 4/17
2.) A back pack on the AT on 5/19-5/22
3.) A back pack in the High  Peaks on 7/16 - 7/18

Descriptions are below, please check the calendar for changes, but please make your reservations ASAP for the backpacks. Trips have a hiker limit.
Larry

Pick Up the Parks at Webster Park -meet at Parkview Lodge
WHEN Saturday, April 17, 2021, 8:30am – 12pm
WHERE maps.google.com…
REGION Genesee Valley Region
TYPE Chapter Outings, Volunteer Opportunities
ACTIVITY Conservation, Hiking, Trail work
TRIP RATING N/R
SPECIAL FOCUS Beginner, Family, New member, Senior, Young member
LEADER Jack Schroeder
CONTACT PHONE 5857505556
CONTACT EMAIL conser...@adk-gvc.org

DETAILS

Annual Monroe County Pick-Up-the-Parks. ADK-GVC will be the site host at at Parkview Lodge in Webster Park. We’ll coordinate picking up of litter and debris. The county will supply you with gloves and plastic garbage bags. Meet before 8:30 am at Parkview Lodge off of Holt Road. Please wear ADK gear if possible. Thanks!

Please feel free to bring your own fitted gloves and grabbers/pickup tools.

-We ask volunteers to arrive at 8:30am to sign  in and register.

LINK www.monroecounty.gov…

Four Day Backpack of a Section of the Appalachian Trail in New Jersey
WHEN Wednesday, May 19 – Saturday, May 22, 2021
WHERE From Delaware Water Gap to High Point State Park
REGION New Jersey
TYPE Chapter Outings
ACTIVITY Backpacking
POSTED BY Genesee Valley Chapter
TRIP RATING A/A+
LEADER Reinhard Gsellmeier
CONTACT PHONE 585-478-8880
CONTACT EMAIL GSEL...@gmail.com

DETAILS

Four-day backpacking trip on the Appalachian Trail, from the Delaware Water Gap at the PA/NJ state line to High Point State Park in NJ. Total mileage for this trip is 42 miles with 6,200 ft. of climbing elevation in total. Distances each of the first 3 days will be between 10 and 14 miles, and the last day will be 6 miles. We will camp along the way, and although there are no major peaks on this section of trail we will enjoy many fine views from the ridgeline that we’ll be hiking along (weather permitting of course). This trip is for experienced backpackers only, and each participant will be expected to be self-sufficient in terms of their own gear such as shelter (tent, hammock or tarp), food/cookware, etc. We will carpool from Rochester and spot a vehicle. This trip will be limited to 6 participants total. Because we are carpooling and will be together for four days, this trip will be restricted to only those participants that have been fully vaccinated against COVID. For further information and to sign-up, contact Reinhard Gsellmeier at GSEL...@gmail.com.

Dix, Beck-horn, Hough Backpack Weekend
WHEN Friday, July 16 – Sunday, July 18, 2021
WHERE Adirondack High Peaks Region
REGION Adirondacks - High Peaks
TYPE Chapter Outings
ACTIVITY Backpacking
POSTED BY Genesee Valley Chapter
TRIP RATING A
LEADER Peter Fellegara
CONTACT PHONE 585-704-4871
CONTACT EMAIL pe...@fellegara.com

DETAILS

Join us for a 3 day backpacking trip in the High Peaks.  On Friday, we will drive to Keene Valley and start the hike at the trail head leading to Round Pond.  Camping is at the Bouquet lean-to about 4 miles from the trail head. On Saturday we hit the trail for a day hike of about 10 miles climbing Dix, Beck-horn, and Hough mountains returning to our campsite.  Dix & Beck-horn offers some excellent 360-degree views of the Adirondack high peaks.  Sunday, we hike out to the parking lot and head home.

To sign up or if you have questions please contact Peter Fellegara at 585-704-4871 or pe...@fellegara.com