Hike (Sunday)- Lucien Morin Park (Rifle Range)- Class C+, 6/6/2021, 8:45 AM

Larry Telle (gmail)

Jun 5, 2021, 4:11:00 PM6/5/21
to adk-gvc...@googlegroups.com

Hike (Sunday)- Lucien Morin Park (Rifle Range)- Class C+  Add this event
                          to your calendar
Date Sunday, June 6, 2021
Time 8:45 am – 12:00 pm EDT
Where 43.17519, -77.52367
Region Genesee Valley Region
Type Chapter Outings
Activity Hiking
Posted by Genesee Valley Chapter
Trip rating C+
Leader Larry Telle
Contact Email ltelle....@gmail.com
Description

While some restrictions have been lifted, in order to maximize the safety and well-being of all hikers during the COVID-19 Pandemic, ADK has put in place some Guidelines which you must agree to and follow if you participate in ADK Sunday hikes.
1. You must bring a mask and wear it anytime you are within six feet of anyone who does not live in your household. Please also bring hand sanitizer.
2.If you can answer yes to any of the following questions, you will not attend any ADK Sunday hike:
    • Do you currently have any symptoms of a respiratory infection (including cough, fever, sore throat, shortness of breath, or loss of taste/smell)?
    • Have you had any of the above symptoms in the past 14 days?
    • Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
    • Have you had contact with any confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case within the last 14 days?
    • Are you feeling ill today?
3.Groups can not be more than 25 people.
4.You will not share gear, food, water or anything else.
5. You understand that you will encounter people in the parks and on the trails who are not wearing masks and it will be up to you to maintain social distance.
6. You must read and sign the “club’s NEW release of liability form”. You may sign it and bring it to the hike OR email the signed form (scanned or digital) back to the hike leader. The link for the “club’s release of liability form” is at the bottom of this description or can be found found on the right-hand side of the Hiking page on the ADK website or here.

NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED TO HIKE WITHOUT A MASK AND A SIGNED LIABILITY RELEASE FORM.

We'll hike about 3.0  hours through the hilly terrain of the Rifle Range trail, located in the in Lucien Morin Park at the south end of Irondequoit Bay. This hike will be very strenuous at times. We will hike ~5,5 miles and climb ~1200 feet of elevation (lots of hills).  We will meet at 8:45 A.M. and start hiking at 9:00 am and return around 12:00 pm. Meet at the parking lot on Empire Blvd east of MacGregors. Bring water and come prepared for the weather conditions.  If there is any chance of icy or snowy conditions, please be prepared with the appropriate equipment of  microspikes, Yaktrax or Snowshoes (always keep these in your car to be prepared).  Please bring a signed ADK Liability form or email a signed form to ltelle....@gmail.com

For further information, Contact Larry at ltelle....@gmail.com

Additional Information:

The Sunday Hikes are offered as a benefit to current and potential new members of ADK. All our hikes have a steady pace, so are not "nature strolls" but they are also not "endurance tests", although we do at times hike at a brisk pace. You'll always want to bring lunch and plenty to drink. Equally important, is the proper footwear, gear and clothing for changing conditions. Our hikes our planned by our leaders to last three hours, but many times unexpected delays can occur, so If you are pressed for time, this hike may not be a good fit. .We're always looking for new places to go and additional leaders. Minors are welcome when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. If not, the responsible adult must have the signed release which is available on our website. Dogs are not allowed on this hike.

More https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Id-ImHoFKc_IxlhVqCMLg6DrfoxPRqQ/view?usp=sharing

To unsubscribe, click here.

This email was sent by Trumba Corporation, 1200 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1750, Seattle, WA 98101, on behalf of Larry Telle. To report suspected email abuse, click here.