Hike (Sunday)- Abraham Lincoln Park (Bay Park East)
Region: Genesee Valley Region
Type: Chapter Outings
Posted by: Genesee Valley Chapter
Trip rating: C+
Leader: Larry Telle
Contact Email: ltelle....@gmail.com
While some restrictions have been lifted, in order to maximize the safety and well-being of all hikers during the COVID-19 Pandemic, ADK has put in place some Guidelines which you must agree to and follow if you participate in ADK Sunday hikes.
1. You must bring a mask and wear it anytime you are within six feet of anyone who does not live in your household. Please also bring hand sanitizer.
2.If you can answer yes to any of the following questions, you will not attend any ADK Sunday hike:
• Do you currently have any symptoms of a respiratory infection (including cough, fever, sore throat, shortness of breath, or loss of taste/smell)?
• Have you had any of the above symptoms in the past 14 days?
• Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
• Have you had contact with any confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case within the last 14 days?
• Are you feeling ill today?
3.Groups can not be more than 25 people.
4.You will not share gear, food, water or anything else.
5. You understand that you will encounter people in the parks and on the trails who are not wearing masks and it will be up to you to maintain social distance.
6. You must read and sign the “club’s NEW release of liability form”. You may sign it and bring it to the hike OR email the signed form (scanned or digital) back to the hike leader. The link for the “club’s release of liability form” is at the bottom of this description or can be found found on the right-hand side of the Hiking page on the ADK website or here.
NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED TO HIKE WITHOUT A MASK AND A SIGNED LIABILITY RELEASE FORM.
We will hike for 3.0 hours through the ups and downs of Abraham Lincoln (Bay Park East). Expect a strenuous hike (Class C+) 5.5 miles and 800 feet of elevation. We will meet at the Eastern edge (Upper Parking area) of the Bay View YMCA parking lot off of Bay Rd. Use the map link to see the location in the parking lot. Please park away from the bldg since we don't have permission to park in their lot. Meet at 8:45 am and start hiking at 9:00 am. We will hike until approximately 12:00 PM. For more information contact Larry at ltelle....@gmail.com
Additional Information: The Sunday Hikes are offered as a benefit to current and potential new members of ADK. All our hikes have a steady pace, so are not "nature strolls" but they are also not "endurance tests", although we do at times hike at a brisk pace. You'll always want to bring lunch and plenty to drink. Equally important, is the proper footwear, gear and clothing for changing conditions. Our hikes our planned by our leaders to last three hours, but many times unexpected delays can occur, so If you are pressed for time, this hike may not be a good fit. We're always looking for new places to go and additional leaders. Minors are welcome when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. If not, the responsible adult must have the signed release which is available on our website. Dogs are not allowed on this hike.
Invitation from Google Calendar
You are receiving this email at the account adkgvc...@gmail.com because you are subscribed for notifications on calendar Adirondack Mountain Club|Genesee Valley Chapter.
To stop receiving these emails, please log in to https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ and change your notification settings for this calendar.
Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to send a response to the organizer and be added to the guest list, or invite others regardless of their own invitation status, or to modify your RSVP. Learn More.