Adivasi identity and response to government failings (Please share your views)

AYUSH

Mar 14, 2013, 1:44:15 PM3/14/13
to AYUSH google group, adik...@googlegroups.com

Namaskar Friends!

I am sure you are doing well, Please spare some time to share your views to researcher. He is writing thesis on “Adivasi identity and response to government failings”

Please send your views. Let us share to globe about our real conditions.

Thanks & regards

Francesca Pedri

Hi,

I am a university student from Dublin - Ireland, writing my thesis on Adivasi identity and response to government failings. I was wondering if you could help me with some interview questions because I am unable to travel to India to continue my research?

Kind Regards,
Fran

Ayush Adivasi Yuva Shakti

thats nice! Yes definitely we wil help you. Please let us know your questions.

Francesca Pedri

Thank-you very much.

I would like to know your opinion on the following:

1)   Do you feel that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the Indian government recognise and support the work of organisations that promote Adivasi culture and unity?

2)   The anthropologist G. S. Ghurye has written that the Adivasi are actually 'backward Hindus', what is your opinion on this?

3)   How important is a relationship with the land (owning land) to the adivasi of the 21st century, particularly the young?

4)   Can a generation gap between the young and old be seen through the way tradition is continued or abandoned?

I appreciate any information you have time to provide. If you have time to offer opinions on only one question that is absolutely fine.

Best Regards,
Fran

Request to all tribal intellectuals, Please share your views on above questions

Sunil Padvi

Mar 15, 2013, 1:25:27 AM3/15/13
to adi...@googlegroups.com, adik...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am going to give opinion for question no. 2
As per my knowledge Adivasi are not part of Hindu.  According to   Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 Section 2 - Application of Act.—(1) This Act applies-

(a) to any person who is a Hindu by religion in any of its forms or developments, including a Virashaiva, a Lingayat or a follower of the Brahmo, Prarthana or Arya Samaj;

  (b) to any person who is a Buddhist, Jaina or Sikh by religion;

 (2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), nothing contained in this Act shall apply to the members of any Scheduled Tribe (Adivasi) within the meaning of clause (25) of article 366 of the Constitution unless the Central Government, by notification in the Official Gazette, otherwise directs.

I have attached A  Judgement copy of Suprem Court . You can get answer above question.

                                                                                                                                       Your Friend

This mail is sent you by AYUSHgoogle group
AYUSH | adivasi yuva shakti | www.adiyuva.in
Group of professionals who want to take initiative to develope tribal community, Let us do it together

Our Online contact points :
Home Page : www.adiyuva.in
Join AYUSH : www.join.adiyuva.in
Let us do it together : www.do.adiyuva.in
Warli Art | India's Global Art, Proudly Tribal Art : www.warli.in
Tribal Tourism : www.tourism.adiyuva.in

Face book : www.facebook.com/adiyuva www.facebook.com/adiyuva1
You Tube : http://youtube.com/adiyuva
twitter : http://twitter.com/adiyuva
Linked In : www.linkedin.com/in/adiyuva
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AYUSH | adivasi yuva shakti" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/adiyuva?hl=en.

SCJgmntBhil.pdf

AYUSH - Adivasi Yuva Shakti

Jul 16, 2013, 6:14:12 AM7/16/13
to AYUSH google group

First NameVinod Dumada

Jul 16, 2013, 12:05:42 PM7/16/13
to adi...@googlegroups.com
1)   Do you feel that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the Indian government recognise and support the work of organisations that promote Adivasi culture and unity?
-PM and Gov. promotes tribals as political agenda.But they are not that much serious about it.Forest land ownership and Support of Rahul Gandhi to Dongaria Kondh tribals in Orissa district for their movement for Mountain God "NIYAMGIRI" against mining project is recognsable.
2)   The anthropologist G. S. Ghurye has written that the Adivasi are actually 'backward Hindus', what is your opinion on this?
--We are not Hindus We are Nature Worshipers.Some names of Deity's are same in both but different in meaning and nature.
3)   How important is a relationship with the land (owning land) to the adivasi of the 21st century, particularly the young?
--Land is soul of our Tribes and Culture.We will not able to live without our Land though we are educated and involved in main stream.
4)   Can a generation gap between the young and old be seen through the way tradition is continued or abandoned?
---This is transistional period But we are young educated generation who loves tradition as much as our earlier genrations.Lot of awareness is taking place among new genration about culture  and traditions.
Wishing You All The Best For Further Studies !
Regards !
               Vinod D.D.

This mail is sent you by AYUSHgoogle group
AYUSH | adivasi yuva shakti | www.adiyuva.in
We are online group of youth who want to take initiative for awareness about Tribal empowerement & Developement, Let us do it together

Our Online contact points : Google us as "adiyuva"

Face book profile : www.facebook.com/adiyuva
Face book page :www.facebook.com/adiyuva1

You Tube : http://youtube.com/adiyuva
twitter : http://twitter.com/adiyuva
Linked In : www.linkedin.com/in/adiyuva
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AYUSH | adivasi yuva shakti" group.

First NameVinod Dumada

Jul 16, 2013, 12:10:39 PM7/16/13
to adi...@googlegroups.com
               Vinod D.D (https://www.facebook.com/AwajDoTribals)