Dewey Square sing this Sunday at noon

Jeff Keller

Nov 22, 2011, 12:27:08 AM11/22/11
to Dewey Square Ad Hoc Chorus, NorthEastFolknRoots
I know lots of folks will be out of town or busy this weekend, but for those who aren't, we'll have the first weekend gathering of the Dewey Square Ad Hoc Chorus on Sunday, 11/27.  As usual, it will be noon to 1:00pm on Boston's Dewey Square Plaza:
  http://wiki.occupyboston.org/wiki/Sing
Afterward, some of us will walk over to Chinatown for dim sum.  If you're interested in that, let me know so I can see about a reservation.

The last one went so well that I don't think we need much planning, but if there are particular songs you'd like to sing or could help lead, please let me know!  For my part, I really want to give this one a whirl:
  http://wiki.occupyboston.org/wiki/They%27re_Taking_It_Away

Incidentally, I don't want people to feel constrained by the booklet,
it's just that I figure it's easier to sing over the background noise
if everyone is singing the same words.
--Jeff

dancinl...@iglou.com

Nov 22, 2011, 10:32:17 AM11/22/11
to jeff....@gmail.com, Dewey Square Ad Hoc Chorus, NorthEastFolknRoots
Sorry to miss....will still be in Chicago.

A peaceful Thanksgiving to you all,

Sally

> --
> This is a post to the "Dewey Square Ad Hoc Chorus" google group.

Kathy Williams

Nov 22, 2011, 11:03:08 AM11/22/11
to jeff....@gmail.com, Dewey Square Ad Hoc Chorus, NorthEastFolknRoots
Hi Jeff, I downloaded this one last week and it's really a great piece to sing; it's also an easy tune.  I have not gone back to it today though and don't remember the tune it is sung to, but it is easy.  I think too it would be a good song to do Sunday, or whenever.
I would be interested in joining you all for dim sum.
Kathy
--
This is a post to the "Dewey Square Ad Hoc Chorus" google group.

Leib Rena

Nov 23, 2011, 9:48:02 PM11/23/11
to jeff....@gmail.com, Dewey Square Ad Hoc Chorus, NorthEastFolknRoots
Hi Jeff,

I am planning to be there and would like to join the group for dim sum.  Great idea.

Also, I am thinking that while we are in Chinatown, I will buy some hot food for Occupy Boston folk and take it back there.   If anyone else wants to chip in, I'll get more.

Thanks, Rena