Stay the course?

Columbine Phoenix

Dec 8, 2011, 2:40:37 PM12/8/11
to Dewey Square Ad Hoc Chorus
Menino's threatened a midnight raid. Meet & sing anyway?

Love, Columbine

--
Sunspot Designs - dark elegance at medieval prices.
http://www.sunspotdesigns.com

Rachel Silber

Dec 8, 2011, 5:08:09 PM12/8/11
to redcol...@gmail.com, Dewey Square Ad Hoc Chorus
Let's check in in the morning ...  I'm willing to do it if there is a group.
Rachel

--
This is a post to the "Dewey Square Ad Hoc Chorus" google group.

Janis Roihl

Dec 8, 2011, 5:14:42 PM12/8/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com
WBUR.ORG  will webcast the midnight deadline for OB leaving encampment   Police have reported they will come with teargas, pepper spray, and tasers!  They are asking for the presence of all supporters who are willing and able.

Janis

joan frankel

Dec 8, 2011, 3:00:42 PM12/8/11
to Dewey Square Ad Hoc Chorus
Well, I have to be trained to be a proctor for Harvard exams from 10:00am-12:00pm tomorrow.  Apparently, proctoring at Harvard is That Hard.  And pays $11.00/hour!  Wow.  I was planning to get down to Dewey as fast as I could after.

Some of the OccupyHarvard folks (of which I am nominally one; I attend all their GAs, but have only actually slept there once, on a 60-degree night) seem to think/hear that Menino will actually not stage a midnight raid.  But just keep people guessing "when the raid's gonna be".  They don't necessarily have a concrete source for thinking that, though.  Meanwhile, the call is out for people from Occupies everywhere local/east-coast to come swell tonight's GA at Dewey.

Jeff Keller

Dec 8, 2011, 6:49:15 PM12/8/11
to jro...@gmail.com, adhoc...@googlegroups.com
I can't be there both tonight, but I plan to sing there tomorrow, and
I hope to see a bunch of you there!
--Jeff

Anabel Graetz

Dec 8, 2011, 7:07:14 PM12/8/11
to jeff....@gmail.com, jro...@gmail.com, adhoc...@googlegroups.com
I'm planning to be there as well, and to carol next week whether or not there is a "there there." Anyone up for Flash Mob caroling at South Station, should the need arise?

Sing!

ME

Wanda Metcalf

Dec 8, 2011, 9:36:53 PM12/8/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com
I may have to ferry my roommate home from the hospital.
Otherwise I intend to be there.

Wanda

Mary Dean

Dec 9, 2011, 1:52:39 PM12/9/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I couldn't get out of work on time to make it at noon... how did it
go?

I went with my daughter last night from 11 PM to 1 AM. It was chaotic, but
very uplifting to be with so many people.

Thank you, Jeff, for organizing all of this! Let's keep the group together
for future ad-hoc chorusing.

Mary Dean
Somerville

Rachel Silber

Dec 9, 2011, 1:55:24 PM12/9/11
to mary...@rcn.com, adhoc...@googlegroups.com
I just thought I'd post the words to today's impromptu alteration of This Land Is Your Land

This square is your square, this square is my square
From the tents behind us to the bankers up there     [gestures]
From the ad-hoc chorus to the people's library
This square belongs to you and me.

Rachel

Jeremy Kessler

Dec 9, 2011, 1:59:50 PM12/9/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com
Mary Dean wrote:
> Sorry I couldn't get out of work on time to make it at noon... how
> did it
> go?

Quite well. Despite chilly weather, we had about 30 people singing
outside for an hour.

Jeremy

Rae Langton

Dec 8, 2011, 9:23:46 PM12/8/11
to lady...@gmail.com, jeff....@gmail.com, jro...@gmail.com, adhoc...@googlegroups.com
You might enjoy this Christmas Hallelujah message from the 1% to the 99%. Anyone else do the Hallelujah chorus? (I know the alto part.)

Cheers

Rae

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK8Ny-a8eXU&feature=youtube_gdata_player&noredirect=1