4 re-worked carols from me

Janet Tracy-Landman

Dec 15, 2011, 2:22:45 PM12/15/11
to Dewey Square Ad Hoc Chorus

OK, Fellow Songbirds, I think I'm figuring out how to post to the
group. For the last few days I'd thought I was posting to you, but as
I got no replies, I finally figured out that my messages hadn't gone
through. I'm trying a different entrance this time.

When I saw that Occupy Boston has us on their schedule for Friday
noon, I started playing around re-working carols. I think 4 are ready:
Deck the Halls, We Three Kings, O Come All You Faithful, and Lord, uh
make that Dame of the Dance. (I see that Occupy NH also did a version
of Deck the Halls.)

I trust that no one in our group will be offended by my inserting
protest language into formerly religious songs?? I figure that after
all those years of an industrial-strength dose of Roman Catholicism,
I've earned the right to engage in a little blasphemy for a good
cause. But let me know.

In solidarity,
Janet