More singing at Occupy Boston

Jeff Keller

Nov 3, 2011, 1:02:20 PM11/3/11
to Dewey Square Ad Hoc Chorus
I've just been conferring with Kelley (who does the music scheduling)
and Ruth Perry, and I'd like to gather folks again both this Sunday
(11/6) AND next Friday (11/11), both days noon to 1:00, if there's
enough interest.

Please let me know if you're available for either or both of those days.
I'll worry about details (such as song selection and chorus posters)
after we've nailed down times.

Notes:
* She can't promise we'll be the only folks on the plaza, but we'll deal.
* I may invest in a big, spiral-bound sketch pad & marker for the
chorus posters. Any volunteers for lettering?
--Jeff

Margaret Zaleski

Nov 3, 2011, 2:40:06 PM11/3/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff --

I can't come Sunday, but could come on Friday.

Margaret

Anne Pfeiffer

Nov 3, 2011, 2:40:52 PM11/3/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately I can not participate either of those days.

Nov 3, 2011, 3:41:52 PM11/3/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

Count me in for Friday 11/11.  It's "the real" Veterans Day too.  Sunday is out.

Marilyn
--
Rev. Marilyn Richards
First Church Unitarian

dancinl...@iglou.com

Nov 3, 2011, 3:45:59 PM11/3/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com
Jeff,

Sunday is a maybe. Friday I will be at a dance organizers weekend.

Speaking of organizing, that you for putting this together again!

Sally

E. J. Barnes

Nov 3, 2011, 3:47:15 PM11/3/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jeff,

I can make next Friday but not this Sunday.

I have a folding display easel with a flip chart pad if that would help
at all.

ejb

On 11/3/2011 1:02 PM, Jeff Keller wrote:
> I've just been conferring with Kelley (who does the music scheduling)
> and Ruth Perry, and I'd like to gather folks again both this Sunday
> (11/6) AND next Friday (11/11), both days noon to 1:00, if there's
> enough interest.
>
> Please let me know if you're available for either or both of those days.
> I'll worry about details (such as song selection and chorus posters)
> after we've nailed down times.
>
> Notes:
> * She can't promise we'll be the only folks on the plaza, but we'll deal.

> * I may invest in a big, spiral-bound sketch pad& marker for the

Rena Leib

Nov 3, 2011, 3:56:22 PM11/3/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff
I am away for the weekend so can't make Sunday but yes to Friday.
Thanks
Rena

Sent from my iPhone

Marie Manis

Nov 3, 2011, 4:04:13 PM11/3/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff, thanks for pulling this together again.  I can make it on Friday - and look forward to it - Sunday is not likely, but a small possibility.  thanks, marie

> Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 13:02:20 -0400

> Subject: More singing at Occupy Boston

Rachel Silber

Nov 3, 2011, 4:11:52 PM11/3/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com
Can't do Sunday, but if my voice is back to good next week, I think I can do Friday lunch.   It's a regular work day for me, but quick to get there and back.
Rachel

Adine Storer

Nov 3, 2011, 4:13:00 PM11/3/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com
can't make it this sunday - down in Florida with my dad. But next
Friday is a deal. This is SO great!

Brynn K

Nov 3, 2011, 4:39:09 PM11/3/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com
Count me in for next Friday, but not Sunday (alas, I'm already busy
that day). It'll be good to sing on the plaza again :).

Brynn

--
Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never
forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers and

joan

Nov 3, 2011, 8:25:53 PM11/3/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,
I can't do Sunday and am uncertain but optimistic about the 11th.
Joan Caplan

D Kessler

Nov 3, 2011, 10:24:27 PM11/3/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff.  I don't know yet if I'll be free Sunday.  If I am I'll come.
DK

igla...@earthlink.net

Nov 3, 2011, 10:32:58 PM11/3/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com
I'm a maybe on both days. Will try as it was a lot of fun last time. May I suggest a few minutes of warm-ups? I blew my voice out very quickly in that open plaza and I suspect I was not the only one.

Irene

On 11/3/2011 1:02 PM, Jeff Keller wrote:
> I've just been conferring with Kelley (who does the music scheduling)
> and Ruth Perry, and I'd like to gather folks again both this Sunday
> (11/6) AND next Friday (11/11), both days noon to 1:00, if there's
> enough interest.
>
> Please let me know if you're available for either or both of those days.
> I'll worry about details (such as song selection and chorus posters)
> after we've nailed down times.
>
> Notes:
> * She can't promise we'll be the only folks on the plaza, but we'll deal.

> * I may invest in a big, spiral-bound sketch pad& marker for the

Jeremy Kessler

Nov 4, 2011, 9:47:37 AM11/4/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com
Jeff,

> I've just been conferring with Kelley (who does the music scheduling)
> and Ruth Perry, and I'd like to gather folks again both this Sunday
> (11/6) AND next Friday (11/11), both days noon to 1:00, if there's
> enough interest.
>
> Please let me know if you're available for either or both of those
> days.

I can probably make next Friday, but doubt if I can come this Sunday.

In case you go ahead with plans for Sunday, remember that the clock
change early Sunday morning is likely to result in people showing up at
the wrong time.

Jeremy

Jeff Keller

Nov 4, 2011, 10:27:13 AM11/4/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the time-change reminder!
--Jeff

Rachel Sommer

Nov 4, 2011, 10:41:37 AM11/4/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com
Our family is "maybe" on both days.

I can go Sunday but not Friday, husband Jacob can go on Friday and
maybe Sunday.

If Jacob goes Friday, he'll also have our 6-year-old son with him. If
I go Sunday, I'll have said son and perhaps our three-year-old
daughter as well.

I'll plan to be part of the "educated audience" rather than the chorus.

Rachel Sommer
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gingicat/collections/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gingi

Jeff Keller

Nov 4, 2011, 12:34:06 PM11/4/11
to Dewey Square Ad Hoc Chorus
Updates:
* It sounds like this Sunday isn't good for many folks, so I'll drop that time.

* Friday 11/11 _does_ sound good, so we'll go ahead with that. (As
before, we'll be in the plaza kitty-corner from South Station in
Boston, noon to 1, but I'll post more details later.)

I don't know if noon Sunday is generally bad or if this Sunday was
just insufficient notice, so I'd like to get feedback on possible
subsequent times.

General questions:
* Is there a better time than noon to 1?
* Is there a better weekday than Friday?
* How often are you up for this?
* Would Saturday be better than Sunday, if there's room in their schedule?

Which, if any, of the following days would you be available for
(assuming noon to 1)?
* Sunday 11/13 (probably too soon after 11/11)
* Friday 11/18
* Sunday 11/20
* Sunday 11/27

Thanks,
Jeff

margaret espinola

Nov 4, 2011, 8:48:02 PM11/4/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com, margaret espinola
I definitely could not have come Sunday--2 concerts and a must-attend forum on single-payer healthcare--and it looks like I won't be able to do Friday either, though I'll try to change things around so that I can. In general, Fridays are better for me than Sundays--especially Sundays at 12. (GENERALLY, a little later I could do on a Sunday. Not this one.)

But keep trying!

Jeff Keller

Nov 10, 2011, 6:18:27 PM11/10/11
to adhoc...@googlegroups.com
Hey, Brynn --
Feel like tinkering with the wiki, esp. the song list?
http://wiki.occupyboston.org/wiki/SongList
--Jeff