Built-in Adhearsion DRb does not appear to work when Adhearsion runs as Daemon

JasonGoecke

Nov 8, 2008, 10:29:56 AM11/8/08
to Adhearsion
I have an app that uses the built-in DRb service in Adhearsion. When
running interactively (ie - 'ahn start myproject') it works just fine.
But when I run Adhearsion as a service (ie - 'ahnctl start myproject'
or 'ahn start daemon myproject') the DRb service is no longer
responsive. I have the latest master of Adhearsion as of this morning
when running the last test.

JasonGoecke

Nov 9, 2008, 8:45:43 PM11/9/08
to Adhearsion
Alright, with a bit more testing I see that I may connect to the
Adhearsin DRb service without issue, but any time I try to invoke a
method it just hangs.

Somethingl like:

drb_service.proxy.originate(options)

When Adhearsion is running as a daemon causes a problem.

JasonGoecke

Nov 11, 2008, 9:32:28 AM11/11/08
to Adhearsion
Watching the interactive output from Adhearsion on startup I may see
this:

INFO ahn: Starting DRb on localhost:9050
WARN events: No entries in the "events" section of .ahnrc. Skipping
its initialization.
INFO ahn: Adhearsion initialized!

But that info line on the DRb never shows up in the log file, whether
started as a daemon or interactively. Something tells me that the DRb
is started before the daemonization which may be causing some
problems.

JasonGoecke

Nov 12, 2008, 2:03:23 AM11/12/08
to Adhearsion
I made the following change to Adhearsion:

http://github.com/jsgoecke/adhearsion/commit/1d6df1e600582514bf56050e119d33bc16825825

And the DRb now works. I sent a pull request to Jay on Github and
logged as ticket #35 in Lighthouse.

JasonGoecke

Nov 13, 2008, 7:40:12 PM11/13/08
to Adhearsion