Pause method

tal weissler

Mar 26, 2017, 8:34:34 AM3/26/17
to Adhearsion
Hello,

I was wondering if there's any way to pause while playing or saying (or even asking) in adhearsion

for example:

answer
say "please take a minute to think of a number between 1 and 10"
#pause for 60 seconds (how?)
say "Please say that number out loud"

Thanks,
Tal

Luca Pradovera

Mar 26, 2017, 8:54:50 AM3/26/17
to adhea...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
in line of principle sleep() should work.
Could you describe your use case in a bit more detail, so we can let you know if there are better ways to do the same thing?

Luca

tal weissler

Mar 26, 2017, 9:30:01 AM3/26/17
to Adhearsion
sleep should work for pausing while saying or playing, but what about while asking?
What if I need to ask for input while saying something, pausing, and then continuing to say things (while all that, I want to still be able to collect input). something like:
result = ask "How many woodchucks? Enter a number followed by #." pause for 10 seconds "if you can't decide you can just choose 3 or 4", terminator: '#'

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 2:34 PM, tal weissler <weiss...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering if there's any way to pause while playing or saying (or even asking) in adhearsion

for example:

answer
say "please take a minute to think of a number between 1 and 10"
#pause for 60 seconds (how?)
say "Please say that number out loud"

Thanks,
Tal

Andrius Kairiukstis

Mar 26, 2017, 9:44:23 AM3/26/17
to adhea...@googlegroups.com
With regular AGI and asterisk it is recommended to use play silence/xx in asking command

Luca Pradovera

Mar 26, 2017, 9:55:12 AM3/26/17
to adhea...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I understand. I also generally just use a timeout and play a different message on the second pass. It does essentially the same thing, but with less moving parts.

Best regards,
Luca

Ben Langfeld

Mar 26, 2017, 10:49:38 AM3/26/17