Can ADF Essentials use for develop system like ERP, CRM, HRM?

Tuan Hoang Anh

Oct 7, 2019, 9:53:29 PM10/7/19
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
Hello

I am newbie of ADF.

Does anyone use ADF Essentials for develop system like ERP, CRM, HRM?

Is it good develop new system use ADF?

I know ADF Essentials don't have Oracle ADF Security, so Can I use other for sercurity?

Thanks in advance.

Florin Marcus

Oct 8, 2019, 2:12:17 AM10/8/19
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com

You can definitely can use something like Spring Security instead of jazn and you won't loose anything in terms of features.

Your biggest lost would not be security, but the MDS - seeding and personalisation.
Which is unique - as far as I know - across web development frameworks.

Sent from my iPhone
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com

All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ADF Enterprise Methodology Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adf-methodology/63690b8b-ada2-4e59-a90e-d343834143df%40googlegroups.com.

Sudhakar M

Oct 8, 2019, 11:03:10 PM10/8/19
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Yes, we use ADF Essentials for ERP, CRM and HRMS..

You can use other Java Security options in ADF Essentials..

--
Thanks & Regards,
Sudhakar.

hadi wijaya

Oct 8, 2019, 11:03:10 PM10/8/19
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes i have develop sistem similar to ERP couple of times but it still using ADF 11g,
for me ADF is one of good framework for developing a complex web apps.

For security im using shiro as alternative.

Regards,
Hadi

You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com

All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ADF Enterprise Methodology Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adf-methodology/63690b8b-ada2-4e59-a90e-d343834143df%40googlegroups.com.

--
Regards,
Hadi Wijaya

Chandresh Patel

Oct 8, 2019, 11:03:10 PM10/8/19
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
For security you can use Apache Shiro as well.

Thanks,
Chandresh Patel
920 339 8374 (Home)
920 819 4951 (Cell)

Nyemike Onukwu

Oct 8, 2019, 11:03:11 PM10/8/19
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
I currently use adf to build my locally made crm application.

Yes you can use other security framework e.g. Apache shiro.

Nurlan Nurmanov

Oct 9, 2019, 7:55:11 PM10/9/19
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
Yes, you can use ADF Essentials to develop complex applications. Find the Developing Web Applications with Oracle ADF Essentials book from Sten Vesterl, he describes how to enable security with ADFE.
The issues which I faced with ADFE. It is not easy to deploy it to Tomcat, as there are no official/supported/updated documents. With Glassfish, there was an error in previous releases, which was fixed by some enthusiasts (not Oracle). The bottom line is, which I don't like. Oracle has issued a free tool but they did bother to making it problem-free, deploy is a pain. And WLS is the strategic direction, which means that Glassfish may not receive good attention. From this perspective, I would think twice.

Jose Rodríguez Aróstegui

Oct 10, 2019, 5:53:44 PM10/10/19
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
Hi all,

Issue with ADF Essentials and Apache Shiro hasn't been solved in 12.2.1.4.0?

If not, is the workaround stable? Anyone tested?

Thanks,
Jose.

MuhammedFayez

Oct 10, 2019, 5:53:55 PM10/10/19
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have Excellent experience in ADF applications with ERP.
You can contact me at this email address.

Nyemike Onukwu

Oct 12, 2019, 9:26:12 AM10/12/19
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
I am still on version 12.2.1.3. I am yet to test 12.2.1.4 version yet.

I recently fixed the shiro issue thanks to this article.

Read the comments section of the article to see the solution. If your still not clear on how the fix was done. Feel free to reach out to me.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com

All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ADF Enterprise Methodology Group" group.

Brian Shifrin

Oct 12, 2019, 9:26:12 AM10/12/19
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
We abandoned adf,

Unfortunately, Oracle failed to make much needed improvements with ADF, integrate ajax,
replace ADF BC database access with json services, and may be even introduce json stores;
still too massive and too slow.  ADF Entities and Views present a very dated paradigm.

What is sad is a lot of improvement and features been added Apex but almost nothing to ADF.

ADF still not a bad framework as far as fast prototyping, just without a future IMHO.

Brian