Alternative IDE for ADF

Alexis Lopez

Apr 13, 2018, 8:12:54 AM4/13/18
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Just checking whether someone in this group has ever tried to create an ADF plugin/extension for other IDEs (other tan Jdev/Eclipse).

I've been using VSCode and IntelliJ for a while now and am very satisfied with their performance and development , so I was thinking, What about working with ADF in this environments? I know that an installed version of JDev would be still needed for running ojdeploy/ojmake, but at least working with ADF+Maven in this environments could be better than working in JDev.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

John Flack

Apr 13, 2018, 8:27:40 AM4/13/18
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
I've grown to prefer NetBeans over Eclipse, and I've been wondering similar thoughts.  One thing that does work is developing your JPA Entities in NetBeans, then switching to Eclipse to continue.  I've also tried starting a generic JSF project in NetBeans and adding the ADF Faces component libraries.  This also sort-of works, but you don't get the nice WYSIWYG visual design tools.  Nope - I guess it is JDeveloper or OEPE for me.  Strange - since Oracle is primary developer of NetBeans you would think they would add a plugin to it.  Goes with ADF being a "mature" product, I guess.