GIT and JDeveloper on an ADF Project

mail4sudhakar

Feb 18, 2015, 8:52:24 AM2/18/15
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  Any one using GIT and JDeveloper on an ADF Project?

My initial tests had lot of problem when it comes to resolving conflicts and pulling the changes into JDeveloper with GIT.It was a breeze with SVN integration.

Regards
Sudhakar

Luc Bors

Feb 18, 2015, 9:11:08 AM2/18/15
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com

I'm using GIT with ADF project's. I don't have any issues. Note however that I do not use the GIT JDev integration. I use GIT from the filesystem.
I am about to use the integrated version on my next project tomorrow. I will share my findings with this group.

Luc

Op 18 feb. 2015 15:00 schreef "mail4sudhakar" <mail4s...@gmail.com>:
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com

All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ADF Enterprise Methodology Group" group.

Vinay Kumar

Feb 18, 2015, 9:17:19 AM2/18/15
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sudhakar,

I am using GIT with Jdeveloper. Its working great. Can you tell me what exact issue you facing?

Regards
Vinay

You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com

All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ADF Enterprise Methodology Group" group.

Thanks With Regards
Vinay Kumar.

mail4sudhakar

Feb 18, 2015, 12:37:25 PM2/18/15
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vinay,
   I am getting merge error when I pull the changes from git and its list the files which has merge error in the log window.

But there is no option to Resolve conflict like we had in SVN integration with JDeveloper.Does that mean we have to resolve the conflicts using some other tool?

Regards
Sudhakar

Vigneswaran Sivasamy

Feb 18, 2015, 1:52:03 PM2/18/15
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
I am using GIT with jdeveloper for a couple of months now. I have no issues till now. I have a remote repository which is configured for multiple users and we use pull and push from the shell and everything else from inside jdeveloper. Works like a breeze.

Thanks.
Vignesh.

Mar 2, 2015, 7:34:22 PM3/2/15
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
Sorry for jumping in a bit late, but we actually are looking for more feedback on the git support in JDeveloper 12c and what features you would like to see improved or added.
So if you are currently using external tools to do the git integration - the question would be why?
If you are using the built in functionality - is there something we are missing? is there something that annoys you?

By the way, for those who are just starting with git - the Oracle A-Team just published a  great article about working with Git:

Thanks,
Shay