Programme that is so time-consuming.

PriTommy

Sep 3, 2013, 11:00:16 AM9/3/13
to ade-s...@googlegroups.com
I am building two hypermatice of dimension ([N,N,E,L,2,T]), where N = 25, E = 10; L = 20; T = 100.

I use for-loops to create all elements of the two matrice, but when I execute the programme, it takes so long time running and not returning an ans (I have been waiting for > 3 h now), and when I increase the parameter value such as putting N = 100, the command window returns "exceed stacksize" and I am unable to carry on (despite I have already used the stacksize function and set to max)

So I would like to ask how can I improve the speed and even overcome the problem of limited stack size? By a computer with more RAM ? THANKS so much !!!

(I am new to modelling stuff so may be a bit stupid to raise this question ...)

Yung-Jang Lee

Sep 4, 2013, 12:28:12 PM9/4/13
to ade-scilab
For Scilab 5.x.x, memory is limited  up to 2GB due to Scilab stack,  adding more RAM wouldn't help if your concern is memory space. You can only wait for oncoming Scilab 6 that has no more internal limitation about memory.

As to speed, take a  try to scilab function  "parallel_run" that make use of multiple processors to compute function.  But it only  work on Linux/Unix platforms currently.

2013/9/3 PriTommy <prit...@gmail.com>

--
您已訂閱「Google 網上論壇」的「中文 Scilab 教育論壇」群組,因此我們特別傳送這封郵件通知您。
如要取消訂閱這個群組並停止接收來自這個群組的郵件,請傳送電子郵件到 ade-scilab+...@googlegroups.com