QEMU-AddressSanitizer

Andrea Fioraldi

Dec 26, 2019, 1:31:55 PM12/26/19
to address-sanitizer
Hi to all,
I'm open-sourcing my heap-only ASan solution for binaries based on QEMU-user, QEMU-AddressSanitizer.

Nothing special, I was just inspired by the ASan paper that, in the conclusion, states that is possible to implement ASan with binary translation.
Actually, I link QEMU with a patched ASan DSO without interceptor (I don't want to instrument QEMU itself and have a unneeded slowdown) and instrument accesses with TCG.
Hooks are forwarded via a fake syscall.

It is just for fuzzing, don't expect meaningful stacktraces (use instead malloc_context_size=0), it includes all AFL++ patches.

Ofc contributions are welcome ;)

Regards,
Andrea