Debugging "nested bug in the same thread"

Maksim Ivanov

Jan 18, 2021, 4:27:09 PM1/18/21
to address-sanitizer
Hello, I'm trying to debug a crashing program that's compiled and ran under Emscripten (which, under the hood, uses LLVM 12.0.0). The program is compiled with Emscripten "-fsanitize=address", and fails at runtime with the following error:

"AddressSanitizer: nested bug in the same thread, aborting."

Is there a way to get any additional information about the crash?

For instance, I tried "verbosity=2:debug=true" and other compile- and run-time flags, but none helps to bypass that "nested bug" error and get to the real root cause...

Thanks,
Maksim